• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 750X DCT owner … Little square thingy?

I posted somewhere that I purchased this switch and stated that it was a perfect fit. I did purchase it and it will not fit. I hope that i did not cause anyone else to make the same mistake. Pissed off too. I made a beautiful harness, perfectly measured for the fog lights. I think that the right part number for the NC750 is 08V02-MKA-D80. I'm ordering it and will report back. Anyhow, apologies.
Hi MZFlorida,
I would like to do the same thing. Will be very interested to learn if 08V02-MKA-D80 is the right part (if it fits as you suspect) and how you were able to access the location in order to remove the stock blank plastic insert/install the switch. Which light set did you get BTW?

Hi MZFlorida,
I would like to do the same thing. Will be very interested to learn if 08V02-MKA-D80 is the right part (if it fits as you suspect) and how you were able to access the location in order to remove the stock blank plastic insert/install the switch. Which light set did you get BTW?
The part arrived and I am planning on putting it on this weekend. I don’t want to speak too soon (again) but it looks like a winner. The panels do need to be removed in order to access the screws that hold the cover.

I got these lights https://www.amazon.com/Samlight-Driving-Motorcycle-Wrangler-Tractor/dp/B07H3VBF5Z

and this mount https://www.amazon.com/Off-Road-Mounting-Bracket-360-Degree-Aluminium/dp/B082XKJX83

They’re relatively inexpensive. I like PIAA and Denali but they are insanely priced right now. A trusted contributor recommended these as a product to consider…way more knowledgeable than am I.

The part arrived and I am planning on putting it on this weekend. I don’t want to speak too soon (again) but it looks like a winner. The panels do need to be removed in order to access the screws that hold the cover.

I got these lights https://www.amazon.com/Samlight-Driving-Motorcycle-Wrangler-Tractor/dp/B07H3VBF5Z

and this mount https://www.amazon.com/Off-Road-Mounting-Bracket-360-Degree-Aluminium/dp/B082XKJX83

They’re relatively inexpensive. I like PIAA and Denali but they are insanely priced right now. A trusted contributor recommended these as a product to consider…way more knowledgeable than am I.
Thank you for the info - much appreciated MZFlorida!

I want to mount a momentary switch there and connect it to my garage door opener. That would be the bee's knees.

Sadly, my hunnydo list precludes many projects I have on the drawing board.

I want to mount a momentary switch there and connect it to my garage door opener. That would be the bee's knees.
If I may, I suggest one of these.
They are tiny, can easily be hung and removed from your handlebar, do not need tapping into the bike's electrical, and have a range of a couple hundred feet.
There are 2 buttons for programming 2 different doors.
I'm very happy with mine, going on 3 years of use.

I posted somewhere that I purchased this switch and stated that it was a perfect fit. I did purchase it and it will not fit. I hope that i did not cause anyone else to make the same mistake. Pissed off too. I made a beautiful harness, perfectly measured for the fog lights. I think that the right part number for the NC750 is 08V02-MKA-D80. I'm ordering it and will report back. Anyhow, apologies.
Sorry I am just reading this thread but my search led me to Partzilla - I'm not sure if it is for the NC but it is worth checking with them if there is interest.

SWITCH, FOGLIGHT​

08V31-MCA-10008.​

Sorry I am just reading this thread but my search led me to Partzilla - I'm not sure if it is for the NC but it is worth checking with them if there is interest.

SWITCH, FOGLIGHT​

08V31-MCA-10008.​

I think that is the one for the AT which will not fit without a lot of modification. Here is the AT switch and the EU’s part for the NC750X. The body length is not a huge issue but the distance from the tabs to the mounting point is. image.jpg

I think that is the one for the AT which will not fit without a lot of modification. Here is the AT switch and the EU’s part for the NC750X. The body length is not a huge issue but the distance from the tabs to the mounting point is. View attachment 49424
Sorry about that Mzflorida, and any others who may have investigated. I was hoping that it was for the NC because when I went to Partzilla "Parts for the NC750" comes up in the search box on top".
Thank-you for the clarification.

Sorry about that Mzflorida, and any others who may have investigated. I was hoping that it was for the NC because when I went to Partzilla "Parts for the NC750" comes up in the search box on top".
Thank-you for the clarification.
Absolutely no need to apologize! Awesome that you are trying to help out other owners!!!

I hope my other response was not rude. Not intentional if so.

Hi MZFlorida,
I installed the light switch and it fits like a glove.

IMG_0658.jpegIMG_0660.jpeg

MZ, it looks great! I will have to give this a try. I found a wiring harness on Amazon for the lights I found. Hopefully I can trace the switch wiring. The Amazon harness has 3 leads to the switch that it comes with, which is lighted. Does the Honda switch illuminate when the circuit is closed? How many leads are there?

Thanks for your help MZ!

MZ, it looks great! I will have to give this a try. I found a wiring harness on Amazon for the lights I found. Hopefully I can trace the switch wiring. The Amazon harness has 3 leads to the switch that it comes with, which is lighted. Does the Honda switch illuminate when the circuit is closed? How many leads are there?

Thanks for your help MZ!
It does have three leads; hot, load, and ground. It illuminates when closed also. I believe they have a Honda fog light harness that goes into the accessory harness. I think Eastern Beaver makes one also. I would have used that option if I did it over again. My installation is neat, but the harness would have been neater, easier and with a predefined cable routing scheme. My fuzeblock is on the right side so I had to define the route, adjust for any potential binding, etc. Not a big deal by any measure but it just would have been very plug and play with the prebuilt harness.

It does have three leads; hot, load, and ground. It illuminates when closed also. I believe they have a Honda fog light harness that goes into the accessory harness. I think Eastern Beaver makes one also. I would have used that option if I did it over again. My installation is neat, but the harness would have been neater, easier and with a predefined cable routing scheme. My fuzeblock is on the right side so I had to define the route, adjust for any potential binding, etc. Not a big deal by any measure but it just would have been very plug and play with the prebuilt harness.
Were you able to obtain the matching connector for the switch? If so what is needed/where to get? (I have the same switch, but will not use the factory fog lights.)

Were you able to obtain the matching connector for the switch? If so what is needed/where to get? (I have the same switch, but will not use the factory fog lights.)
Honda connectors are available in many places, but I cut the leads and used waterproof connectors throughout the harness. They are not as tidy as OEM but met my needs. I think they are 4 position or pin .90 sumimoto connectors. Eastern Beaver sells them i think...but so deos Ebay, revzilla, etc.

Hi MZ, just got the switch delivered from the UK. Can you share with me the wire color codes or what is best way to figure them out? Sorry, I am not an electrician and thank you.

Hi MZ, just got the switch delivered from the UK. Can you share with me the wire color codes or what is best way to figure them out? Sorry, I am not an electrician and thank you.
The green is your ground and I ran it to the frame. It's a mechanical single pole switch so line (from your power) and load (to your device) does not matter. But I used the wire that is directly right of the ground in the image in the previous post. I hope this helps. Don't let it intimidate you. @the Ferret put it best when he said we motorcyclists tend to overcomplicate things! I know you did not ask but I thought maybe a basic diagram would help.
Rocker Switch Wiring and Connection Diagram.png

Back