• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 750X DCT owner … Little square thingy?

The green is your ground and I ran it to the frame. It's a mechanical single pole switch so line (from your power) and load (to your device) does not matter. But I used the wire that is directly right of the ground in the image in the previous post. I hope this helps. Don't let it intimidate you. @the Ferret put it best when he said we motorcyclists tend to overcomplicate things! I know you did not ask but I thought maybe a basic diagram would help.
View attachment 49762
MZ, this is super helpful. Thank you for an excellently helpful response!

The green is your ground and I ran it to the frame. It's a mechanical single pole switch so line (from your power) and load (to your device) does not matter. But I used the wire that is directly right of the ground in the image in the previous post. I hope this helps. Don't let it intimidate you. @the Ferret put it best when he said we motorcyclists tend to overcomplicate things! I know you did not ask but I thought maybe a basic diagram would help.
View attachment 49762
In the interest of safety, I would suggest either connecting the switch's and light's ground terminal to the frame or back to the battery, but not both. With both, in the very unlikely case where the battery main negative cable to frame ground should go open or resistive, excessive unfused current could flow through the small added ground wire going from the battery to the switch to the frame, causing the wire or it's insulation to melt.

So I've read through the entire thread. Was there a definitive answer as to what switch will fit in the NC750's panel?

Thanks,

Steve
08V02-MKA-D80 is the correct part number. 08V04-MJP-G50, for the Africa Twin and others, will not fit without substantial modification. I ordered mine from CMSNL.com., with whom I've never had any issues (they are in the Netherlands).

This should be made into a FAQ!

As a new NC owner, I want more lighting for all the obvious reasons. I have been scratching my head why there are light bars available yet no lighting “systems” that seem to be due to DOT regulations.

Thanks for putting together the parts and vendors that you have provided.

Besides the switch what other parts are needed to make it work with the dash indicator? I was figuring on using aftermarket lights and bar but would like to use honda harness if possible?

it is for the fog light switch. the fog lights might not be bright enough for requirements in the USA. that is why it might not be offered here.

Attachments

• 2023 nc750x fog light attachment.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Back