• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 2020 NC750X owner from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Twincam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow riders.

Just wanted to drop few lines here and introduce myself.

I will take possession of my first and new 2020 NC750X manual in a week or so! I cannot wait! It is my plan to ride the Covid away this summer. No way am I going to stay home all summer like last year!

At 40 years old, this is going to be my first motorcycle, I don't even have my liscence yet!! Should be all good in early June.

Being from Montreal, je parle aussi francais, any other riders from my beautiful province here?

Have a good one!

20210426_134748_HDR.jpg

Hey Twincam. Bonjour.
Checking in from Winnipeg.
Pas de francais.
I bought a '20 NC with DCT.
Love it!
Enjoy your new ride.
And your new bike has only a single cam, LOL

Hey Twincam. Bonjour.
Checking in from Winnipeg.
Pas de francais.
I bought a '20 NC with DCT.
Love it!
Enjoy your new ride.
And your new bike has only a single cam, LOL
Ironic, I know!

Twincam has been my nickname since I used dial up internet haha!

Welcome!

I don't know if Canada has anything like our Motorcycle Safety Foundation, but I am a lifelong dirt and 4 wheeler rider and when I finally moved onto the highway I found the MSF courses to be very helpful. I retook the experienced rider course when I got my NC750X just to brush up and because they are a lot of fun. If you are at all concerned about riding on the pavement, or even if you are not, it's nice to have this training, or something like it.

Either way, enjoy the NC!

That switch changes your levels of traction control.
In the owner's manual it's called Torque Control.
Wait until you read about the dash.
It's horribly written.

Traction control - when the rear wheel starts to slip due to limited traction, the engine control cuts power for a short period.

There are 3 levels, Hi, Lo, and Off and you can cycle thru them by sequentially holding the button down. Default setting, on first starting, is Hi.

I normally run Hi on pavement and reset to low when riding gravel & dirt roads, particularly going uphill with a washboard surface.

Every owner knows what it's for.
Please read your manual before riding the bike.
That switch changes your levels of traction control.
In the owner's manual it's called Torque Control.
The manual will be the first thing on my list when I actually receive the bike in a week or so.

Thanks for the detailed answer CapeMan!

Welcome to the forum TwinCam! Your bike is lovely in white, I love a white motorcycle.

The NC is a great first bike and with a few modifications can take you as far as you wish to go. Take learning seriously - it's all about risk mitigation.

See you on the road!

Back