• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need help with helmet purchase

sandiegonc700x

Reaction score
Visit site
New member looking forward to picking up a 700x this Friday, but one concern.

I am not able to find an XL full face or modular helmet that fits into the frunk! Can anyone suggest an XL helmet that fits into the frunk?

Many thanks.

I don't know if an XL full face or modular will fit. I have a L Nolan N90 modular and it fits, just barely. I think others on this Forum have had trouble getting XL helmets in the frunk. There may be some, but you would have to find a motorcycle shop that handled several different brands and then try each one to see if it would fit. Perhaps a long and difficult process. Honda never promised that every helmet would fit.

XL Arai Profile fits. The compartment is FULL, but it fits. The Profile is a long oval shape inside, which _implies_ that Arai's more round helmets will also fit in XL.

EDITED TO ADD: It is much, MUCH more important to get proper helmet fit to your head than to the storage compartment.

Last edited:
I had a Shoei Neotec that fit - AFTER I removed the plastic manual cover at the bottom of the frunk (my spell checker really doesn't like that word...). That allowed the helmet to fit. This might be true of a bunch of XL helmets.

Not to worry though. With the helmet cable included in the tool kit, you can always attach any helmet I can imagine to the locking tab under the rear seat.

My HJC IS-MAX BT in extra large fits well in the frunk, and its color matches the NC.

I had an HJC CL-10 that was a snug fit, but just bought an XL Nolan N85 because it literally dropped in the frunk. Given that it was webbikeworld's best helmet of 2012, it was a no-brainer to buy.

Like MZ5 said, worry more about the helmet fitting your head than if it fits in the frunk. My helmet wont fit in the frunk at all since it is a Duel Sport style (elongated for breathing room and has a sun visor mounted to the top). So I just carry it with me or strap it to the bike with a cable.

Like MZ5 said, worry more about the helmet fitting your head than if it fits in the frunk. My helmet wont fit in the frunk at all since it is a Duel Sport style (elongated for breathing room and has a sun visor mounted to the top). So I just carry it with me or strap it to the bike with a cable.

Hi
While the fit for the head is important, the OP was asking which helmet fits into the frunk. I am sure that was more his question and not which helmet fits his head best.
:p

I am more concerned on the helmet that fits my head. I chose the aria xd4. Love the style and the fit. However, it won't fit the frunk. So its going into the rear top box.

Ken

Back