• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Neat digital temperature and humidity gauge

GLC

Reaction score
Visit site
What is it about the human psyche that requires us to have validated what we already know to be true? When riding do any of us not know when it's hot and humid or cold and dry, too hot or too cold to be out on two wheels? I'm as bad as the rest of us and for some reason feel the need to know just how hot and humid it is here on the eastern shore of Maryland. Of course, there's nothing you can do about the weather when you are out in it, but somehow having a gauge confirming what you already know is somehow satisfying. So I found what I hope is a real bargain on Amazon, 3 digital large number units showing both temperature (in F only) and humidity for only $8.00. That's less than $3.00 a piece. I suspect the little button batteries cost more than the whole unit. I'm a fair-weather retiree so these 'made for indoors' units may not do for the hardier winter, all weather riders, but I'm hoping that behind the Givi screen, secured with double sided 3 M tape, they will do me just fine. At $8.00 for three, what's to lose in trying. You can find them here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2PFJX71?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I put mine on the bars instead of under the dash on the blank switch cut out plate, as closer is better for me.
IMG-20230430-WA0005.jpg

Nice. Yea we know when it's hot or cold, but sometimes we just want to know how hot or cold, even though it tells us on our phones lol.

Just to be clear you got 3 of those units like the one on your bars for $8? Man is that a bargain or what?

Nice. Yea we know when it's hot or cold, but sometimes we just want to know how hot or cold, even though it tells us on our phones lol.

Just to be clear you got 3 of those units like the one on your bars for $8? Man is that a bargain or what?
Yup. $7.99 to be precise including tax and shipping.

Well,
I dig them. It's truly amazing some of the deals you can get on Amazon. It's gonna be interesting to see just how long they last in terms of battery life. My Africa Twin that I just sold displayed the temp and so does my '18 Honda GL1800 Goldwing. I guess there's only so much info you get on the dash of a lower cost bike. But, little add-ons or finds like these are really kind-a cool. Thanks for sharing them. I might have to spring for some.
Scott

Thanks GLC. This is an idea that I cannot pass up. Great price, right size and thanks to GLC for location idea.
The outside Temperature is good to know when we are up in the North Georgia mountains as it does get a bit cooler at the top. It will be interesting to see how long the batteries last.

Thanks GLC. This is an idea that I cannot pass up. Great price, right size and thanks to GLC for location idea.
The outside Temperature is good to know when we are up in the North Georgia mountains as it does get a bit cooler at the top. It will be interesting to see how long the batteries last.
An update on the simple humidity and temp digital readouts and specifically the positioning of them. I placed mine on the handlebar, which means they are often in the sun and so show the unshaded temperature. As I am also in the sun that is fine with me as I will be feeling the same temperature as the digital readout. Temperature purists might prefer to locate them over the blank switch plate under the dashboard as this is mostly in the shade and so will give shade temperatures, which is of course how all weather reports are given. With my unit placed where it is, it is interesting to the difference between the reported daily temperature and what I actually experience riding in the sun. No wonder my new Hi Vis mesh jacket is so welcome now that temps are reaching the 80's here on the Delmarva Peninsula. AS these digital units come in packs of three, one can of course put one on the bars and one under the dash and have all the info.
1685286306538.jpeg

An update on the simple humidity and temp digital readouts and specifically the positioning of them. I placed mine on the handlebar, which means they are often in the sun and so show the unshaded temperature. As I am also in the sun that is fine with me as I will be feeling the same temperature as the digital readout. Temperature purists might prefer to locate them over the blank switch plate under the dashboard as this is mostly in the shade and so will give shade temperatures, which is of course how all weather reports are given. With my unit placed where it is, it is interesting to the difference between the reported daily temperature and what I actually experience riding in the sun. No wonder my new Hi Vis mesh jacket is so welcome now that temps are reaching the 80's here on the Delmarva Peninsula. AS these digital units come in packs of three, one can of course put one on the bars and one under the dash and have all the info.
View attachment 52140
Nice bright jacket. Who makes it?

Nice bright jacket. Who makes it?
A good question as to who actually makes it. I got mine from these people https://www.teammotorcycle.com/high...Oc7woOs_dvxJJHMlVFLyhChVAo38WGvgaApE8EALw_wcB

However you can get the same jacket from Amazon.

I tried to support the company in Florida, Team motorcycle, as they advertised free exchanges free shipping and no restocking fee, so I thought "what's the risk" compared to Amazon if the size I ordered (XL) was too small, which it was. So, returning it was no problem for a free exchange, except that to get the free exchange I had to pay $13.99 to print the exchange shipping label!!! I felt really deceived with all the boasts about free exchanges, so next time it is Amazon for me, as usual.

Price is good too. So are you saying they run small? Do you normally wear an XL but needed a larger size in that jacket?

I weigh 188 w/ 36" waist and wear a large in Tourmaster jackets

Price is good too. So are you saying they run small? Do you normally wear an XL but needed a larger size in that jacket?

I weigh 188 w/ 36" waist and wear a large in Tourmaster jackets
It's one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions. My other jackets were all XL and 'snug,' but were of European origin. This one is of Chinese origin I believe and so the XL was just too small. However I am 6'1" and 213lbs with a 37 waist, so maybe your much lighter frame will be fine. However, for me the length of sleeve was too short in XL as well as the chest measurement too tight. Also the CE level 1 armor is very thin and basic so I bought the available level 2 inserts which are much thicker and more substantial so that of course affects the snugness of the fit across the chest. Hence my advice to buy from Amazon where returns and exchanges are truly free. Order both together, choose one and send the other back without a hassle. Just beware that Amazon are now using gift cards as their default refund method instead of return to credit card. I just got caught out on this, so you have to be extra vigilant when returning anything on Amazon now to ensure your payment is returned to the credit card and not sent as a gift card to your account.

. . . Just beware that Amazon are now using gift cards as their default refund method instead of return to credit card. I just got caught out on this, so you have to be extra vigilant when returning anything on Amazon now to ensure your payment is returned to the credit card and not sent as a gift card to your account.
Yes, the Amazon return page (for me) will default to a gift card for the return funding. Just click the choice to use your original payment method, if you wish. This is a typical ploy of many businesse. I got burned on this just once as a result of my inattention, and only once.

Both my wife and I have the "HWK" jackets from Amazon. They make the longer more protective version which are the ones we have and they also make the shorter versions that are the exact same as what you're displaying. We paid $59 each and hers was too small so she exchanged it with zero issues from Amazon. We've had them now for well over a year and without a doubt, they are outstanding in all facets of review. They are pretty darn warm for colder weather, have removable liners, ten bazillion Velcro pockets, cinching straps for various arms sections and waist sections, zipper and Velcro front, and for those that are *Armor* crazy, there's CE armor throughout the entire jacket. For a mere $59, there is no way to beat that. The seams and sewing and zippers and Velcro are solid as can be. I have a picture of mine someplace but, as usual, I can't find stuff on this darn computer.
Scott

Yes I looked at the HWK jackets too and they seem very nice, but they appear to be more of a multi season jacket similar to my rather too well worn IXS 3 season jacket. I find it rather too much for the high humidity/heat days here in Delmarva Peninsula and wanted a pure mesh jacket but with armor, so opted for the Vance this time around.

Both my wife and I have the "HWK" jackets from Amazon. They make the longer more protective version which are the ones we have and they also make the shorter versions that are the exact same as what you're displaying. We paid $59 each and hers was too small so she exchanged it with zero issues from Amazon. We've had them now for well over a year and without a doubt, they are outstanding in all facets of review. They are pretty darn warm for colder weather, have removable liners, ten bazillion Velcro pockets, cinching straps for various arms sections and waist sections, zipper and Velcro front, and for those that are *Armor* crazy, there's CE armor throughout the entire jacket. For a mere $59, there is no way to beat that. The seams and sewing and zippers and Velcro are solid as can be. I have a picture of mine someplace but, as usual, I can't find stuff on this darn computer.
Scott
I also find that too many pockets are a bit superfluous with the NC storage trunk. One for the garage door opener is all I find I need these days.

I
I also find that too many pockets are a bit superfluous with the NC storage trunk. One for the garage door opener is all I find I need these days.
I find it good practice to have my phone (and sometimes emergency satellite radio) on my person in case I am ejected from the bike and injured. Crawling to the frunk or the handlebars for the phone may not be possible. A few extra jacket pockets are helpful for me.

Yes,
Those HWK jackets we purchased I would say are more for cold to colder riding and maybe not into the warmer season(s). Each persons tolerance for outer wear is somewhat different. As for "too many pockets", well, two lowers, two uppers and if I recall, there maybe one on the inside of each side. Now, just because they (HWK) supplied a few pockets, doesn't mean you have to use them. The Frunk in the NC is useful in different ways to different riders. Some will keep it completely empty so they can fit their helmet in them. And some will keep minimum stuff that might be good for emergencies and not worry too much about helmet security and some will put a ton of stuff that they think they may need at one point in time or another.

I'm appologizing here for veering off the main thread topic of digital thermometers etc. Didn't mean to sidetrack here.
Scott

Received my thermometers the other day and put mine here for now. Now we will see how long the batteries hold up. I was a bit surprised to see that all three thermometers had the batteries installed and working. Would have thought that they would have placed a paper strip to keep them from making contact. Anyway, we will see how this goes. Nice to know the temps in the up coming summer months.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 18
Back