• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750x vs NC750s

Forty Two

Reaction score
Visit site
I am wondering what the differences are between the 750x and 750s. I have Googled and searched this forum but cannot find a clear answer.

I am wondering what the differences are between the 750x and 750s. I have Googled and searched this forum but cannot find a clear answer.

The S is styled more like a naked street bike, while the X is styled more like an adventure bike. We have S owners on here that can give more details than I could, but compared to the X, the S:

Sits a little lower. Centerstand and side stand are shorter.
Same engine and similar frame, but different plastic bodywork.
Windscreen and headlight are fork mounted instead of frame mounted.

NC750S
DD36C9FA-A59E-4510-B90C-3E62FD3C231C.jpg

NC750X
C13035D4-231C-4B47-894E-A9AAB8844B38.jpg

Last edited:
I am 5'10" so no issues here. I do worry about the weight, though. I am not a fella, so even though I am tall I am not very strong.
Because of the way the engine is mounted, with the cylinders nearly parallel to the ground, and because the fuel tank is under the seat of the bike, the weight is actually carried very low. (low center of gravity). My wife rides a lowered 2016 NC700x.

Because of the way the engine is mounted, with the cylinders nearly parallel to the ground, and because the fuel tank is under the seat of the bike, the weight is actually carried very low. (low center of gravity). My wife rides a lowered 2016 NC700x.

That is good to know. I do find some bikes very top heavy. I doubt though, if I dropped it I could lift the 750x. Hopefully someone would help me or that is what CAA (AAA) is for. During lessons I...ahem...dropped one of their student bikes and could not lift it back up.

That is good to know. I do find some bikes very top heavy. I doubt though, if I dropped it I could lift the 750x. Hopefully someone would help me or that is what CAA (AAA) is for. During lessons I...ahem...dropped one of their student bikes and could not lift it back up.

My wife has a couple bad disks in her back, she has a very hard time lifting it.

But there is a technique to it that makes it much easier.

Video here => YouTube

Lifting a motorcycle is a learned technique and like the video illustrated it’s done using the legs. I’m probably lighter than the woman in the video FWIW and have lower back problems. My ST is 730 lbs. and I’ve righted it by myself several times. As pointed out earlier the NC has a very low center of gravity and “feels” much lighter than it’s actual 500 lbs.

Thanks, that is a great video. I'll have to try that the next time i tip mine over haha :{P

Speaking of tipping your bike over,.... i've used this technique once before at a gas station. it worked slick and the bike was right back up before anyone noticed haha. :{)
YouTube

Last edited:
I am 5'10" so no issues here. I do worry about the weight, though. I am not a fella, so even though I am tall I am not very strong.

The X should be no issue with your height I would think. You may be able put a leg over one at a local Honda dealer if they have one in stock. In regards to the weight they are virtually the same from what I have seen online. The DCT is a touch heavier.

The X should be no issue with your height I would think. You may be able put a leg over one at a local Honda dealer if they have one in stock. In regards to the weight they are virtually the same from what I have seen online. The DCT is a touch heavier.

+25 lbs. IIRC. My 2014 DCT model weighs 503 lbs. stock wet weight.

+25 lbs. IIRC. My 2014 DCT model weighs 503 lbs. stock wet weight.

Honda claims 505 pounds for my 2018 DCT, including a full tank of fuel and all needed fluids.

Without the DCT the claim is 478 pounds for a 2018 model year.

So looks like the weights are fairly consistent from generation to generation of these bikes. The new plastics, which started in 2016, or perhaps the new traction control system or updated DCT (Version 3) transmission, seems to have increased the weight by only 2 pounds from 503 to 505.

A more helpful answer : the lock barrel for the frunk & pillion seat latch is, on the S, located on the left of the bike near where your knee would be; the barrel is recessed , qtr turn left for fuel, qtr turn right to open frunk. On the X this barrel Is located up near the ignition , I think, in the top of the frunk, centre. I think suspension travel is a bit more in the X by virtue of shorter spacers and thus longer springs in the fork internals. The seats are a bit different, not the pillion, but the rider seat; both are a bit hard but they do have slightly different bases and many X riders complain of a downward slant on the rider seat. Due to slightly lower seat on the S this leads to slightly more tucked up legs but really not a big difference. Other than the visuals I think that’s about it.

Just remembered : I think the rear shock on the X is also slightly longer which presumably also gives a bit more travel.

Back