• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Tyre Wear

I had the Pirellis Scorpion Trails on my bmw g650gs and got 15,000+ miles (not kilometers) on them before the wear bars appeared. Didn't like them on the bike though because at low speeds (less than 40mph) the tires were really squirrely.

Only today i had a fellow biker say to me at the lights my rear tyre looks illegal..(i knew it was near limit :(). I have just done 4k miles. I think i will look at another make for sure. I am pleased..well sad i guess it is a common problem with the Trailmax and not my riding style.. :cool:

Just clicked over 2000 miles on my 750x DCT and whilst cleaning at the weekend I checked the tyres - surprisingly both the front and rear are down to under 3mm. Tyres are the standard fitment Dunlop Trailmax's. Pressures are spot on...

I reckon before 4000 miles they will be ilegal - seems a very high rate of wear on these tyres - I have done the same commute for the last 15 years and never had less than 10k rear and 14k front on a whole bunch of different bikes and tyre types.

I'll keep an eye on the wear rate but it doesn't look great!

Cheers,

Mike.

This is the price you pay for all that extra (shorter stroke) horsepower !!

All joking aside, my most important criteria with any tyre is how well they grip leaned over in wet or dry. If they do that well, then I am happy. In short my health and well being depend solely on those tyres. I am always suspicious of claims of extra mileage with good grip. That for me, has to be well tested before I believe it. My choice of tyre currently for my NC is the Michelin PR3. Great tyre with wear rate similar to what you have currently, but gives me good confidence leaned over.

I have been riding for 44 years all were on H rated tires, and it rains about 60 in a year here. This is the first bike with ZR rated tires. Had no problems whatsoever on the H rated tires. On my next set I will go back to H rated tires. There are a lot of good that will fit, I know they might be 150 instead of 160's, ten mm is less than a half inch or lone quarter inch per side. have went to different sizes before with no problems. I don't drag my knees in the curves, just enjoying the scenery. 67 year old.

Back