• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Manual Transmission - ABS Retrofit?

jcarpino

Reaction score
Visit site
In the USA, the NC750X (Manual Trans) does not have ABS. I know that the European version has the option (NC750XA).

Does anyone know if I can retrofit ABS on my 2018 NC750X ?

I think anything is possible, but since this forum began I don't know of anyone that has done it.

Last edited:
Same here, never heard of anyone retrofitting a non-abs with abs....Probably too cost prohibitive...along with the abs calipers, one would need all the sensors, wiring for sensors, and the correct ECU to control the ABS (abs is computer controlled-even in cars).

My ABS continues to be the time-honored brake controls and throttle.

As davidc83 says, you would probably need to buy all the individual parts, such as new brake lines, wheel sensor rings, wheel speed sensors, ABS modulator, ABS control module and/or possibly an engine control module with different programming, and even possibly a new dash display if the old one will not display ABS system status/fault light.

Honda does not sell such a kit.

It might make more sense to rob parts off a crashed bike than to buy new.

Reactions: MZ5
As noted, no doubt possible, BUT I expect it would be cost prohibitive. Years ago I had a BMW F650 GS Dakar. Wanted ABS. Checked with BMW and the parts were going to run well over $1k. Decided I didn’t want it that bad..

Back