• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X DCT Rear Hugger

Mcress

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a rear hugger by Pyramid Plastics - will publish pics once fitted.
Bike is just soooo perfect it doesn't need any other modifications;)
OK - I have Oxford heated grips - but I see them as more of a necessity than a mod!

Just installed one today. You want to be real careful when tightening the retaining strap they send. It really is nothing more than a cable tie and it can snap (contrary to what the directions say!) if it is to cold where you are working. You also want to triple check the chain clearance before you tighten it up all the way!

I think you've just put me off getting one......

They look good and seem to be functional (haven't had the bike out since installation due to weather). My comments are just advisory as to what I noticed during installation. Whole install probably only took me 5-10 minutes tops!

I have been running one of these for about 4000 miles with no problems. The tie is supposed to have a very high tensile strength. Installation was simple. I wish I had a spare just in cast I need to take it off and put it back on again.

+1 on the fenda extenda, I have that also. The stock front fender is very minimal.

I have also run the Pyramid rear hugger for a few thousand miles with no problems. The only issue I have seen is I don't know if there would be enough clearance if you installed any kind of knobby tire on the rear. I am currently running a Conti Motion with no clearance issues at all.

I have been running one of these for about 4000 miles with no problems. The tie is supposed to have a very high tensile strength. Installation was simple. I wish I had a spare just in cast I need to take it off and put it back on again.

+1 on the fenda extenda, I have that also. The stock front fender is very minimal.

Not a problem. when mine broke during installation I found the identical tie in the electrical dept of my near-by hardware store. Just got the longest one they have that is 175 lbs strength.

Sorry. Just saw this. Negative on the paint. The tie goes around part of the swingarm, well out of sight.

I think the question was meant to ask if the tie makes contact with painted parts, the swing arm being a steel painted part. From your answer it sounds like it does make contact with paint, out of sight, yes, but which would still be subject to wear and open to later corrosion/rust.

Apologies in picking up an old thread.

I purchased a Pyramid hugger just over a year ago and the plastic weakened and snapped last week. I do ride all year round and i think the cold weather and the constant vibrations made it brittle around the base.

I am now thinking is it really necessary in having a rear hugger for normal road use? I for sure don't want to part with another £40+ for a Pyramid. :-(

Back