• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc750x and v-strom 650 XT qualitywise

I am comparing those bikes in regards to build quality and attention to details not look.

Sit on a NC then on the Vstrom. The Vstrom feels massive to the NC. Perception is everything. Even though the NC is heavier because the it's low COG it feels so maneuverable. Slow speed riding on the NC is a joy. My taller Vstroms with a fuel tank of fuel and high COG wanted to take a nap.

is v-strom really less maneuverable then ncx???

[video=youtube;C2yWVVMoV00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2yWVVMoV00[/video]

I have those panniers on the rear of my NC. It is interesting to see them on the front of the Vstrom. I think they would mount to the Givi crashbars with slight mods.

I have been watching this thread and others and really feel the vstrom is a better purchase. When comparing the nc to others you need to look at the cost to just get it acceptable to ride. Saying all that both are great rides. I've spent the dollars to get the nc acceptable and will enjoy for a year or so but wouldn't do again.

The video is great! Good example of good body position. Watch his body it stays in line with the pylons. Lean the bike not the body for this type of maneuvering.

is v-strom really less maneuverable then ncx???

Well that video of the Strom is nice but there are plenty like it with Goldwings doing similar stuff. Even Harleys can go around cones nicely.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1MlK5VPZ84[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rhtC4mQKcJs[/video]

Last edited:
Just test drove v-strom 650 xt today. Impressions very, very good except the torque which at low revs is lacking.
I have managed actually to stall it starting from stop light directly at second gear what never happened to me on my honda.
Engine braking is also better, more stable on honda probably because of the above. What is strange brakes felt not so good to me despite of double rotors
in front. My nc750x brakes a lot better, sharper.

Other then that it's excellent touring bike, very nimble, comfortable both seats pillion and rider, good windscreen and dashboard, good riding position.
One more complain is knee angle which is only marginally better then on nc750x and it's too small. I didn't find also gear box being particularly smooth.
For offroad I would need to rev it high and cover that stupid oil filter sticking out so low below. Suspension actually it's not that bad as I thought,
way better then nc750x for sure. V-Strom is only 4kg lighter but man it feels much lighter then nc750x and surprisingly as rather top heavy bike is very nimble
especially at speed but I didn't notice any problem with low speed maneuvers as well. Overall very good motorcycle and to be honest I would chose v-strom xt
over nc750x if it was available year ago. BTW my wife tested rear seat and it's huge difference so I can say nc750x is not a good two up touring bike IMO,
v-strom is. Who knows if it will not be my next "do it all" bike...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread started out in the NC750 General Discussion forum but clearly this is a Suzuki topic now. Thread moved to Non NC motorcycle section now.

This thread started out in the NC750 General Discussion forum but clearly this is a Suzuki topic now. Thread moved to Non NC motorcycle section now.

well, not really but doesn't matter. It is direct comparison to nc750x.

Midsize Urbane Adventurers + Video

In this link they compare V-Strom, Versys and NC700X. Versys wins because they did not compare with NC750X which is the latest version. Had they done so, the NC would have won hands down.
Cant compare to the Honda NC750x in the United States-we don't have it-the NC750x is not available in the US. They compared those 3 models in the US due to the 3 bikes are available in the US.

Yes, but that is a misfortune for you guys. The rest of the world does have the 750 and thus, a better bike than the Versys and V-Strom.

Yes, but that is a misfortune for you guys. The rest of the world does have the 750 and thus, a better bike than the Versys and V-Strom.

Well I can't disagree entirely, since I've not ridden a 750, but . .

The 750 has the same frame, fuel capacity, suspension travel, wheel size, brakes, riding position, wind protection, etc, etc as the 700. I find it hard to believe that the 75cc difference is the sole deciding factor in whether it beats out the Versys or V-Strom.

The 750 has the same frame, fuel capacity, suspension travel, wheel size, brakes, riding position, wind protection, etc, etc as the 700. I find it hard to believe that the 75cc difference is the sole deciding factor in whether it beats out the Versys or V-Strom.
Agree with your assessment 100%! The horsepower difference between the two is minuscule! Mainly a psychological effect!
Bigger is always better?

Well... You will have to read the article to understand my statement. The only drawbacks the panel saw in the NC700X that drew them to choose the Versys over it were the ABS and the Hp, which the Versys had just a few more. The 750 matches the Versys in Hp and comes with ABS. Problem solved. Plus, it has a frunk and makes 4 lt per 100 Km.

Last edited:
NC700X US 51.1hp - 46 lb/ft
NC750X 54.79 hp - 50.14 lb/ft torque
Versys 59.4 hp 42 lb/ft torque

NC700X US 51.1hp - 46 lb/ft
NC750X 54.79 hp - 50.14 lb/ft torque
Versys 59.4 hp 42 lb/ft torque
Is the "three + HP" of the NC750 even noticeable when switching from the "low powered" NC700 to the "high powered" NC750? Probably all psychological! What if I lose a "couple of pounds" of body weight? Then are the bikes "equal"?
Not worth trading up from my NC700X! I'd rather keep the cash for some farkles.

Is the "three + HP" of the NC750 even noticeable when switching from the "low powered" NC700 to the "high powered" NC750?

You would be amazed, some people notice the 1/16 horsepower increase when mounting an air filter.

But in all seriousness, after nearly 20.000 km on the 48hp version of the 750, you do feel the 10-15% increase in power and torque in the 55hp version.

Performance chart

Back