• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X 8K Service amendment

Seems a shame that such a good security measure is absent across the pond

Until you look at the cost..................US bikes are considerably less expensive :eek:

Theft is not a real BIG problem for most NC owners ?........thieves are too busy stealing Harleys ! (in the US)

Last edited:
This will teach me to open a single thread with 2 issues :p

I will have a go at this Jelly, but will wait until the dealer has looked at it 1st on Friday. Thanks

I know i don't need to go with a main dealer for my service, but my local garages are rubbish. I don't mind paying the extra to be honest as the main dealer so far have been good and i get a courtesy vehicle. A lot of cheaper local garages don't supply this.

As for doing sevicing myself :rolleyes: I have a single garage i keep my bike in, surrounded by camping gear/toys and other meaningless junk items i can't be without. So space is limited and i'm a lazy sod. :)

Damon, re the trip issues, see post 102 on page 11 of this thread.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/garage...-issues-brand-new-2014-nc700x-dct-abs-11.html

If you have your dash replaced your mileage will return to zero. That's not something I wanted.

Because my trip meter has never been a problem I'm inclined to turn down Honda's kind offer to replace the unit. I don't want my mileage to start again at zero, supported by a written note from Honda verifying the mileage at replacement.

But this will depend, however, on me asking that if there ever was a problem in the future, would they still honour the recall notice?? I think if the unit was faulty, I would have experienced issues with it 9 months and over 3000 miles down the line.

So, for the time being, leave well alone is my view.

I would prefer a new unit in all honesty as not only does the trip keep reseting, occassionally the average MPG goes crazy.i.e + or - 20MPG readings on a steady bit of road.

Honda should always honour a recall i would guess if you reported the fault within the warranty period.

I know i don't need to go with a main dealer for my service, but my local garages are rubbish. I don't mind paying the extra to be honest as the main dealer so far have been good and i get a courtesy vehicle. A lot of cheaper local garages don't supply this.

As for doing sevicing myself :rolleyes: I have a single garage i keep my bike in, surrounded by camping gear/toys and other meaningless junk items i can't be without. So space is limited and i'm a lazy sod. :)

Yup, and it's all based on the tripmeter readings so if they are queered the the Av. Mile per gallons will be too.

I would prefer a new unit in all honesty as not only does the trip keep reseting, occassionally the average MPG goes crazy.i.e + or - 20MPG readings on a steady bit of road.

Honda should always honour a recall i would guess if you reported the fault within the warranty period.

Are you sure you have it on avg reading? There is also an 'instant' mpg reading and that will easily go up and down depending on throttle position, hills, head or tail winds etc.

well Honda changed the whole speedo unit. My miles are back to 0, but hopefully all will be ok now with the retting issue.

well Honda changed the whole speedo unit. My miles are back to 0, but hopefully all will be ok now with the retting issue.

Well if your happy. I would hate my odometer to have to go back to zero, if I had no choice I'd have to at least pull up at the dealers with an exact round mileage showing, maybe because it's my first (and last) new bike that I'm a bit OCD with it. :confused:

Back