• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750x 2022 - Drive mode for ECO

Hanatsu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, new member here as well as a new owner of a 2022 Honda NC750X DCT. Didn't find a thread about it.... I have basically two questions.

1. What does the drive mode "P" actually affect? I know the manual says power but how does this actually work? I assume some ECU trickery but I can't find any technical explanation on this subject.

2. Want to program "USER" for maximum fuel economy. Anyone experimented with different settings and if they affect fuel economy much on these?

I think P is another word for revs. More P blocks = more revs before shifting.

When I set up my USER mode, I set it up a little more aggressively than standard mode but not as aggressive as sport mode. There are pics on here somewhere. I wasnt going for economy but for ride experience.

I would think the best economy would be attainable in rain mode which limits its hp and revs, and delivers a soft ride experience.

Just got in from 51 mile ride. Tried rain mode and it shifts real early... at about 2250 rpms, traction congrol is really increased and engine braking is really decreased

Hi, welcome to the club.

Like The Ferret, I’ve actually adopted rain mode as the defacto “eco” mode, it’s very tame. I can’t imagine you’d achieve much better than that with other setting combinations.

The rest is up to you, coasting, consistent and slower speeds, never riding up hills etc. :)

As for what “P” actually does, from what I’ve read and deduced, it adjusts throttle response and shift timing (per revs), that’s it. The bike doesn’t actually produce more or less “power” based on those settings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Haven't really had the opportunity to ride it properly yet. The weather is ridiculous at the moment so I´m installing the larger windscreen, USB port and a center stand in the meantime. Find it weird that a center stand isn't standard issue these days but I digress. I come from a BMW K1200RS and a few different Kawasaki´s before that (older stuff). I find the bike really fun to drive, saw a lot of complaints before buying it that it was boring etc. The "frunk", gas milage and the DCT was the main reasons I got it. When the weather gets better I might do some research, try a few tanks on the different settings and write down the actual average gas mileage on each setting.

Here in Sweden the gas prices are through the roof. I spend around $300 / €270 each month just commuting to work. Converted to USD/gal our gas price is above $10/gal and it's even historically high for us. Buying this bike sort of pays for itself if I can ride at least half the year.

Yeah, the fuel savings and storage are nice!

I’m only a few weeks ahead of you. I bought a 2021 in early March. I have Givi panniers, hand guards (just cheap plastic ones for wind/rain), Honda heated grips, and crash bars.

Also just ordered fender extender, rear hugger and Puig touring screen from the UK. Should be here in a few days. (I’m in Canada)

After that I’m done with mods.

these are great bikes!

Warning. This post is a moan ! :)

I rode one of the current NC models a few days ago. There is no way one can get on one of these bikes with some basic instruction and then expect to figure out how to use the various aspects of power, gearing etc. By comparison with my 2017 X-Adv the whole process has become overly complex imho. On that bike when I purchased it, the salesman gave me some basic instruction and it was sufficient for me to remember and vary the power modes on the way home.

I was at a bike shop open day and got to test other motorcycles such as the NT1100, Aprilia Taureg and the 750 Forza. All were similar in complexity of use but the worst of the lot was the NT1100. To me it was a nightmare. I took off initially and then after a few humdred metres had to stop because I couldn't find the indicator switch. Even then I had to stare at the left switch console for a minute or so to figure out where it was .

Just saying.....

Yeah, the fuel savings and storage are nice!

I’m only a few weeks ahead of you. I bought a 2021 in early March. I have Givi panniers, hand guards (just cheap plastic ones for wind/rain), Honda heated grips, and crash bars.

Also just ordered fender extender, rear hugger and Puig touring screen from the UK. Should be here in a few days. (I’m in Canada)

After that I’m done with mods.

these are great bikes!
Is there any single hugger that stands out as superior to the rest that you would recommend?

Back