• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X 2014 Muffler dent

mvando

Reaction score
Visit site
Had my first accident ever on a motorcycle. My NC750X sustained a few dents in the muffler, a broken windshield and a few scratches. Otherwise ok. I got 18 stitches on my foot, which is healing ok. Pictures of dent attached. Would you replace the muffler, or will I be ok as is?

Attachments

• 3BC603B2-5800-40E1-A107-EB00DDF208EF.jpeg
    3BC603B2-5800-40E1-A107-EB00DDF208EF.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 26
  • E1FB3FE2-87F0-4A90-B3A6-A0BED90E9412.jpeg
    E1FB3FE2-87F0-4A90-B3A6-A0BED90E9412.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 26
I don’t think it’s going to hurt anything to leave the muffler as is. Someone on this forum or Facebook market place probably has a stock muffler for sale. You should be able to find one for $50-$100

I haven't taken one of these things apart, but I believe the outer layer might be a heat shield. If so, it's only cosmetic and won't impede function

I don’t think it’s going to hurt anything to leave the muffler as is. Someone on this forum or Facebook market place probably has a stock muffler for sale. You should be able to find one for $50-$100
That’s a great idea. Thanks!

I haven't taken one of these things apart, but I believe the outer layer might be a heat shield. If so, it's only cosmetic and won't impede function
Thanks so much. Makes sense. I’m getting the stitches out of my foot on Monday and will start riding again and see if there are any issues.

I have decent scrape on the outside of the frunk. I kept it to remind me to be humble. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
So wise. Before this accident happened our group of 3 was stuck behind a long line of cars with a farm tractor that was going 50 km/hr for like 15 minutes. I foolishly started to pass cars on a solid yellow and broke the cardinal rule of group riding and passed the leader. Impatience is so unwise. Accident happened an hour later.

Photo shows foot damage from foot peg going through my boot zipper. If I would’ve had just runners, it would’ve been much worse

Attachments

• 0E0988A6-46D6-4D34-A8D9-6E9B13904C7C.jpeg
    0E0988A6-46D6-4D34-A8D9-6E9B13904C7C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 29C512DA-03D6-4AF7-81B9-A117E638103C.jpeg
    29C512DA-03D6-4AF7-81B9-A117E638103C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Thanks for answering the details on the foot. I was curios about the injury and was trying to imagine what caused 18 stitches in such a small area. Based on your description I would keep the muffler the way it is :)
Is your boot a work boot or a something designed specifically for motorcycles?

Thanks for answering the details on the foot. I was curios about the injury and was trying to imagine what caused 18 stitches in such a small area. Based on your description I would keep the muffler the way it is :)
Is your boot a work boot or a something designed specifically for motorcycles?
Bought the boots from a motorcycle shop, but in retrospect they were relatively useless against a foot peg. The zipper was convenient, but introduced a weak spot at the worst place. I’m going to get more dirt bike type boots with hard plastic on the inside. In my mind now, riding in runners is a recipe for hamburger foot. I rode the bike 40 minutes to the hospital. Likely wasn’t super smart, but didn’t want a big police report…

Not going to hurt anything, only needs replacing to restore cosmetic appeal, ie you don't like the looks of it dented and scratched. I personally would replace it because the scratches and dent would annoy the hell out of me. Lol.

@mvando if you don't mind the question, what happened when you went down? I find it helpful to know what factors contribute to incidents so I can learn from the experience if others

@mvando if you don't mind the question, what happened when you went down? I find it helpful to know what factors contribute to incidents so I can learn from the experience if others
Riding twisty roads around Vernon with two much more experienced riders; one in front, one behind. Maybe subconscious pressure to keep up with front rider and not slow down back rider. I thinK I applied back brake on the corner; can’t quite remember. Instead of looking around corner, somehow got fixated straight ahead and that’s where I went into the bushes. Last 2 seconds or so, when I knew I was in trouble, I felt like I just zoned out and didn’t even apply brakes. Kind of a strange moment. Was able to ride the bike to the hospital strangely enough. Someone said if you’re riding a road you’re unfamiliar with slow down more than you normally would. Makes total sense. Grateful it wasn’t worse. I believe in the personal God of the Bible and He spared me….for now I have a before photo of the would and it is pretty nasty.

See if your local paint-less dent repair guy can knock it out. Worth a shot. Had a dent on my VFR can. The tech said he could on some depending on the insulation between the outer shield and the inner pipe. Could not on the VFR.

So wise. Before this accident happened our group of 3 was stuck behind a long line of cars with a farm tractor that was going 50 km/hr for like 15 minutes. I foolishly started to pass cars on a solid yellow and broke the cardinal rule of group riding and passed the leader. Impatience is so unwise. Accident happened an hour later.

Photo shows foot damage from foot peg going through my boot zipper. If I would’ve had just runners, it would’ve been much worse
Very glad that you are healing up!

See if your local paint-less dent repair guy can knock it out. Worth a shot. Had a dent on my VFR can. The tech said he could on some depending on the insulation between the outer shield and the inner pipe. Could not on the VFR.
Great idea. Thanks!

Back