• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750 sprocket swap

Why:confused:
Won't that tend to lug the engine quicker and cause more clutch wear on takeoff?
I doubt the 700 has the power to put that to good use.
Why, because I hate having to shift to 2nd gear by the time I cross an intersection.
My 700 has plenty of power and I do not need to slip the clutch. Just turn the loud handle on the right side of the bars.
It sure is nice for gas mileage and a more relaxed engine at highway speed.
6th gear is now like overdrive.
Try it you may like it!

I plan on doing this when the chain needs replacing. Approx how far does it throw the speedo off? Odo?

I plan on doing this when the chain needs replacing. Approx how far does it throw the speedo off? Odo?

My guess is 2/43 or about 4.6%.

There's a pair of radar speed displays on either end of Saguaro Nat Park. They're dead on accurate to the speedo. Good way to check if you've got something similar close by.

Speedo Off?

Using the handy dandy gear ratio/ chain length software it came out to a 5% reduction in the indicated speed. My bike's indicated speed before the conversion seemed to be a little fast when I checked using the speed limit radar signs in my neighborhood. After changing the sprocket the speed seems more accurate, maybe a little slower, using the same radar source. I haven't tested the real speed using my GPS yet.
I believe the speedo speed indicated is close enough for "government work". I'm not worried about a 1-3 mph variance from the true speed. I'll leave that to the police.:rolleyes:

Sheriffs Dept and Police pretty cool around here. You gotta be on the deep side of stoopid to get noticed.

Plus I don't think there is enough room for a larger front sprocket.

That very well may be the case.

I'll be going 41T rear soon for sure, and I'll grab a "Speedohealer" to adjust the speedometer.

**EDIT**

I won't be using a SpeedoHealer, according to their own calculator (which is reasonably accurate), the speedometer will only read 0.6% SLOW if you change the stock 43 tooth sprocket to a 41 tooth. That's not worth a "correction" for me.

(See here: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/ht_sh_online_calculator_en.swf)

FYI, for what its worth, a 41 tooth sprocket will yield about 3-4mph faster speeds (in 6th gear for instance) at the same RPM. I.E., 3750rpm will be approximately 70mph with a stock sprocket, or 73mph with the 41 tooth sprocket. For me the ~500rpm reduction at a given speed is worth the move to a 41 tooth, however worrying about the speedometer for a 0.6% correction is not.

Last edited:
**EDIT**
I won't be using a SpeedoHealer, according to their own calculator (which is reasonably accurate), the speedometer will only read 0.6% SLOW if you change the stock 43 tooth sprocket to a 41 tooth. That's not worth a "correction" for me.
FYI, for what its worth, a 41 tooth sprocket will yield about 3-4mph faster speeds (in 6th gear for instance) at the same RPM. I.E., 3750rpm will be approximately 70mph with a stock sprocket, or 73mph with the 41 tooth sprocket. For me the ~500rpm reduction at a given speed is worth the move to a 41 tooth, however worrying about the speedometer for a 0.6% correction is not.
That is also what I had determined. The less additions to the bike, the less electrical problems. Keep it Simple!
Plus, save yourself some money for real necessities.

41T Sprocket Brand

Alvin,
I purchased the sprocket from Sprocket Center in California.
Sprocket Center
Item #SL10509H Superlite 520 Steel Sprocket, Size 41T
It is all black in color.
I think it improves the functionality of the NC700X
Hope this helps.
PCG

mind sharing the brand of the sprocket?
trying to source for a 41T rear sprocket.

Back