• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X vs CTX700N

Maconi

Reaction score
Visit site
2014_NC700XDCTABS_2000x1275_Black_42515B.jpg

2014_CTX700NDCTABS_2000x1275_Black_42515B.jpg

The same bike with different seat/foot positions. I know a lot of people dismiss the CTX because it's not very attractive (with the fairing, I think the naked version looks alright), has forward foot pegs, and doesn't have the NC700's storage.

My question is, are there any redeeming qualities to the CTX700N? Or does it really just come down to the forward pegs/lower seat? What is the forward peg position even good for anyway? With my limited knowledge/experience, it doesn't seem like it'd be any more comfortable than the standard peg position.

I do have to admit thoough, I almost like the N better than the X style wise (I'm not a fan of the adventure beak and all the dull/matte plastic in the frunk area). I wish the US had the NC700S available. :(

I can only speak for myself.

Unless it's a fully loaded Touring bike comparo, or a 600cc track bike shootout, or a 1/4 mile dragstrip king gunfight, etc., I just have too hard a time trying to get behind the one type of bike versus another threads.

I mean it's like what's the best colour? Why is Blue better than Green? What are the redeeming qualities of silver versus red?

People who like laid back cruiser seating position with forward controls and lower seat height, are going to list all the reasons they prefer it, and those that don't will counter with why it's deplorable, and so on and so on.

I picked my NCX because it had exactly all the features and functions I want in a bike right now. I would have no more considered a CTX in the potential buying mix than I would have a VMax or a Hayabusa, or a FLHTK Ultra Limited, or a Grom, or an FZ-07 etc., which is no slight to all for those nice machines, but they don't have what I want, don't do what I want.

Whatever the reasons are that a potential CTX owner has for getting one, I just hope they are ecstatic with their purchase and have heaps of fun on it, like I do with my NCX :)

Who on earth wouldn't want the awesomeness that is the NCX/S frunk! Crazy people, I say! :eek: :D

I actually just really want to get a DCT, which in the US means the 700X and 700N are my only two choices. If I had the option I'd pick the 700S and be done with it. :D

I originally made the thread hoping for someone to talk some sense into me one way or another, because it seems like it's an easy choice but for some reason I'm finding it a bit tough (I think I'm just hung up on not liking the look/height of the 700X, because I like just about everything else about it, although it could always be cheaper lol).

If I didn't go the DCT route I may step down to something like the CBR300R (although I'm not so sure how much I'd like the Sport seating position) since it's cheaper and would still be enough power for me (all I'm looking for is something for daily city commuting, not worried about highway performance and etc.).

2015_CBR300R_2000x1275_MatteBlackMetallicYellow_42515B.jpg

I actually just really want to get a DCT, which in the US means the 700X and 700N are my only two choices. If I had the option I'd pick the 700S and be done with it. :D

I originally made the thread hoping for someone to talk some sense into me one way or another, because it seems like it's an easy choice but for some reason I'm finding it a bit tough (I think I'm just hung up on not liking the look/height of the 700X, because I like just about everything else about it, although it could always be cheaper lol).

If I didn't go the DCT route I may step down to something like the CBR300R (although I'm not so sure how much I'd like the Sport seating position) since it's cheaper and would still be enough power for me (all I'm looking for is something for daily city commuting, not worried about highway performance and etc.).

2015_CBR300R_2000x1275_MatteBlackMetallicYellow_42515B.jpg

What about a CB500F? Do you guys get those down south? That might be a nice machine for you to investigate :D

Three choices.....
VFR1200 DCT

Totally true, but:

"...because I like just about everything else about it, although it could always be cheaper..."

"...may step down to something like the CBR300R since it's cheaper..."

Coupled with:

"...I'm not so sure how much I'd like the Sport seating position..."

and:

"...all I'm looking for is something for daily city commuting, not worried about highway performance and etc..."

Makes the availability of DCT in a VFR1200 ($$$$) which IMHO has a very sporty riding position (waaay too uncomfortable for me) and great heaps of horsepower well suited for high speed highway sport touring, not exactly a viable choice, given what he's interested in.

I road a CTX,the forward pegs are just enough for a small strech.it road the same as the ncx,just lower.I did feel more road under me,but in all I liked it.the full front cover CTX looks better.last week at Honda I seen the ctx1300,it is sweet but a lot of machine.my x will do for now,don't think I could get along without the frunk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I also despise the adventure bike styling. But....

1. You can't see it when you're riding it.
2. It is impossible to overhype the virtues of the frunk.

In Japan there is an expression which goes something like, "In three days you can get bored with a beautiful woman, but in three days you can get used to an ugly one".

I chose to just get used to the ugly bike.

I like the ctx700N's looks, but sitting on one, I'm just not one that rides with my feet out in front. It's just unnatural to me, feels just...wrong.

I also despise the adventure bike styling. But....

1. You can't see it when you're riding it.
2. It is impossible to overhype the virtues of the frunk.

In Japan there is an expression which goes something like, "In three days you can get bored with a beautiful woman, but in three days you can get used to an ugly one".

I chose to just get used to the ugly bike.

Despise is such a hard word. I REALLY like the looks of adventure bikes and especially MINE!

I find the CTX700 _VERY_ comfortable. The NCX has more utility value, and a bit more capability IF one ever wants go venture off pavement. But the NCX is still kinda 'compact' in terms of seat vs foot peg position, like all Hondas (and nearly all Japanese bikes). The CTX700 is not. It's really, truly great for comfort. The 1300cc version is NOT even similar it's uncomfortably compact, wide to the point of fat, the bars block the rearview mirrors, and overall I won't even so much as sit on one again.

I was thinking about the CTX but sitting on it and other cruisers just doesnt feel right to me. I started on dual sports and conventional style street bikes, before there were different types. Plus I have constant lower back pain, standing up a;ways hurts and sitting on cruisers hurts it, but sitting on the NCX never bothers my back. Its getting on and off it that I have trouble with. Course I also purposely avoided the DCT as I bike without a clutch feels un-natural to me

While having my NC serviced, I sat on the CTX. I have to admit - despite it's fugly appearance - the CTX seat was waaaaaaaay more comfortable…. I was upset that they didn't have a similar seat for the NC…

But I can't express how much better the NC looks (again, just personal opinion)

This is an AWESOME bike. :cool:
I tried one and I was stupefied how exceptional it was, EXCEPT FOR the riding position. :confused:
For me personally, it took no time for my lower back, hands and wrists to start aching. :mad:
If not for that, I would have taken it home that day.

I've been wondering that with Sports bikes. Is it possible to use risers/clip-ons to raise the posture, or would that put your body/head into too much wind turbulence (since the windscreen is designed for the Sport posture)?

Back