• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X Variant and Version explained??

Soarezito

Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished a legalization process in Europe for my NC700X
During that I realized that there are several versions for this model (RC63), with mine being VAR.1, VER.1

I have an Arrow exhaust, and it's EU homolagation is for VAR.5, VER.1

If anyone can give any insight on the diferences between versions and variants would be really cool.

This is my princess making me happy in Africa a couple years ago :D

IMG_0785.jpg

The "X" is what you have. The "S" is more of a naked sport bike, and the Integra is a scooter which uses the same chassis and motor.

The "X" is what you have. The "S" is more of a naked sport bike, and the Integra is a scooter which uses the same chassis and motor.

I can clarify you on what I meant:

"S" version - RC61
"X" version - RC63

Now inside each model there are diferences according to where they are sold, I believe, and that is what I would like to understand.

I can clarify you on what I meant:

"S" version - RC61
"X" version - RC63

Now inside each model there are diferences according to where they are sold, I believe, and that is what I would like to understand.

Oh wow, interesting... maybe by the year.. like 12-14X is one, and 15-17X is another...

You have to include the difference between DCT and non-DCT versions. There is also the XA and SA (ABS), the PA (Police ABS version) and, the LD (lowered down).

You have to include the difference between DCT and non-DCT versions. There is also the XA and SA (ABS), the PA (Police ABS version) and, the LD (lowered down).
Yes correct, I was wondering if any of the ver. or var. have different specs on the ecu, for example, according to specific laws for different regions.

Because my model has diffeent VAR nr than same bikes sold in EU

Enviado do meu E5823 através de Tapatalk

In the EU there are two engine outputs to meet A2 licensing rules. One NC700 has 35 kw output to meet A2 and the other has 38.1 kw. Basically 47 hp or 51 hp. When the Honda 500s came into full production they became Honda's main A2 compliant bike and the 670cc 700s morphed into the 745cc 750s. If the original 3 models only 1 was A2 compliant which I think was the RC62.

The US only got 51 hp versions and of course the 750 never came here.

Last edited:
(Up until recently anyway), I think Canadian versions of motorcycles the USA and the rest of the world got, might have had the most differences compared to the rest.

We usually get stuck somewhere in between the two big markets, and a lot of the emission compliance bits are unique to Canada. For example on my BMW F800ST, we got no evaporative emissions and assorted plumbing and electrical gubbins that the US required, but we were stuck with a US spec gasoline tank, which was smaller than the rest of the world, due to a space being required to house the large evap canister. Which Canada didn't have. Meaning a smaller fuel tank for utterly no reason. :/

Thankfully the NC700's aren't affected with a smaller tank, but we don't have the charcoal canister and plumbing from the US bikes, on ours.

My CBR125R had special longer rubber stalks on the front turn signal lights instead of the shorter, more tucked in signal stalks the rest of the world got, because of a Canadian law specifying a minimum distance from head light centre line to turn signal bulb centre line. Also, with the rear tail light and rear red retro-reflector, ours is located below the licence plate illumination light, instead of above it for some bizarre reason.

Canuck NC750's are for the most part Euro spec I believe, but I *think* we have Canadian emissions stamping and DOT (US Department of Transport) stamps on stuff like tires and exhaust systems (mufflers and catalytic converters) versus the EU compliant symbol. Also, we don't get the LED headlight, or the Dual Bending front fork thingies, those are the same as the US non-750's over here.

Last edited:
Back