• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X Stock windshield removal

kb4354

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone ever take the windshield off and just run with the little cowl underneath it? I took off the stock windshield and have better wind noise without it .

Some owners in the past have reported removing the stock windshield and getting cleaner air flow. Some have even built a little mini shield that just protects the instrument panel. Perhaps searching on that topic would yield links to those old threads.

When my NC got blown over in Logan Pass I rode without a screen or meter bridge for 50 miles or so. Didn't care for it. My short National Cycle N20007 (got a demo for cheap when they discontued it) is giving me what I want for three seasons. I like it a lot better than the stock screen.

2017-07-03 20;23;24
by greenboy, on Flickr

Yeah the stock screen just blew wind right up into my helmet . Made the wind noise unbearable once it was past about 70.

Nice looks like it fits that bike really well
Thanks. Made some adapters using some metal I had around, and Bruudt windscreen adjusters I had tried with the stock screen on the NC. Only takes one bolt and undoing the straps from my plate bag to remove it. But it's small and low enough not to be in the way for off-road hillclimbs so it never has been removed anyway ; }

The Bruudt adjusters really couldn't overcome the shape of the stock, overly narrow bikini windscreen when it was on my NC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut mine down and plasti dipped it. I really enjoyed the clean airflow. Especially during the summer.

Attachments

• E357005E-5401-45A8-8761-30E746657016.png
    E357005E-5401-45A8-8761-30E746657016.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 28
Looks really nice . Yeah I’m liking the extra airflow without it . Being in Louisiana I’ll get all the relief I can lol

For sure . Kinda like the naked bike look with just the cowl. I've had my nc700 since April. I absolutely love this bike !

I think it's also probably better for the instrument assembly.

I've run without a windscreen before. I get cleaner airflow that way; quieter than the stock flyscreen.

I miss the airflow around my CBR, apart from the absolutely searing heat that would hit one leg when the wind was juuuust right sometimes. That bike either gave me total protection, or super-clean full flow depending upon where I put my head.

I run with no windshield all summer. Only put on a windsheild once it starts to get cold. I like the smooth quiet airflow around my helmet.

I cut my screen down to the mounts & it was quieter. Then I just took it off & it was even quieter. Wind blast isn't bad under 70 but a few hours over 70 might be tiring. Winter I'll see if I can figure out how to mount the tall screen I ordered last year. First try was a PITA so I left it off.

Back