• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X review by www.latestbikesinfo.com (sounds like a fair assessment to me)

This had to have been translated. Read the entire article and i still dont know what he said! Its like taking dictation from Yoda!

Hi youngerling (Yoda voice)

LOL :p
That is why I chose an article with photos...

Anyway, here's MY translation:

I believe the NC700 (S or X) is a new star born.
It combines realworld riding needs (loads of torque) and fantastic fuel economy (3.4L/100km).
It is fun, light and looks darn sexy. It has great Honda quality and reliability and a low pricetag compared to other 650s (old designs) out there.

Give this bike a go.
It may change your view forever... (boy do I sound like a salesman?)
:p

Ride safe!
~Joe

Here's a good review I found on YouTube:

Episode 2: Honda NC700X Test - YouTube

Let us know what you think about it... Thanks all.

The last 90seconds....is the challenge.
Hard to say what makes the NCX "better" than the Transalp.
There are probably pros and cons on both sides.

For me, the deal breaker was the higher price. Over here, the Transalp is 20% more.
The higher seat of the Transalp (it seems).
The higher fuel consumption, surely.
And most of all, the Transalp looks dated while the NCX looks so darn new, modern and sexy. And it has a tank box.
Again, this is MY PERSONAL OPINION.

The last 90seconds....is the challenge.
Hard to say what makes the NCX "better" than the Transalp.
There are probably pros and cons on both sides.

For me, the deal breaker was the higher price. Over here, the Transalp is 20% more.
The higher seat of the Transalp (it seems).
The higher fuel consumption, surely.
And most of all, the Transalp looks dated while the NCX looks so darn new, modern and sexy. And it has a tank box.
Again, this is MY PERSONAL OPINION.

I agree with you Happy! Pros and cons for both. NCX is newer, less expensive, nicer looking. The bottom line for me is the Transalp is not available in the US. Excluding the Transalp section of the video, I thought the review was a good one.

The Translap is for a different market altogether in my humble opinion - anyway I wouldn't be able to get my feet on the ground!:eek:

Episode 2: Honda NC700X Test - YouTube there you go, this one was done in South Africa, at least you could see something of our country.
We also took the TransAlp for a test ride before we bought, lovely for what it is, certainly more capable off road, but expensive, HIGH and
aged a bit. Happy with my choice.

The Translap is for a different market altogether in my humble opinion - anyway I wouldn't be able to get my feet on the ground!:eek:

Yes, and also may i say (not sure if anyone owns one here), the "new" roundheadlamped Transalp, takes a certain kind of "taste" to like it.
(I don't know how to say it better).
No offense intended to any Transalpie owners here.
:p

In my opinion, the DCT/ABS is what sets this bike apart from the rest. As a new biker, if i wanted the manual transmission version, why wouldn't I just buy a good, used bike for 5k instead of the 7k the NCX would cost? I'm looking forward to cruising with the auto, and experimenting with the push button "manual" option. Fun times ahead!

Hi there
new on the site, but owe a beautiful NC700X 12reg...bought it in March the second and already 5500KM on the clock...
there is a little issue with this bike tho, the display block is not horizontal and slightly bends on the left!!!! dealer can not adjust it as adjustments can not be made as it is on the fix mount...anyone else has experience anything like it..it is off putting expecially when i am riding it..it is not ovvious but one you spot it can't help to get annoyed..any good advise ..the bike is of course under warranty but again the dealer can't help as it seems to be a itch with all these nes nc700x bikes

Back