• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X is Gone

HueyFE

Reaction score
Visit site
After 9 years and only 9000 miles, I decided it was time to move on to something I felt like riding more often. I did what most guys here did and bought several windshields and seat options always hoping to have the bike be more comfortable, but it just never worked for me. It was great for commuting, but even at 30 minutes, my wrists and ass were aching. I kept telling myself that 60+ mpg made it worthwhile, but I can afford a few gallons of gas for a bike that has more soul. I traded it in for a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner with 19000 miles. The Stratoliner was 5000, and they gave me 3000 for my 2012 NC. That was with all my factory luggage installed, centerstand, and MadStad on it. It killed me, but not as much as it sitting in my garage unused.
I also bought a BMW K1200LT last year right before spring. I always wanted a large tourer for 2 up, and it is a pretty cool bike. However, its clutch immediately crapped out on me, so it is sitting on a lift while I slowly rebuild it. I have a dream of one day owning a Gold Wing, but the cost of the BMW, Yamaha, my NC, and the FJR I had before all this is still less money combined than a new Wing.
I will miss the Frunk more than anything, but I'll manage for now.
I would thank you guys for all the help maintaining the NC over the last 9 years, but really, nothing ever broke on it. I even let it sit for almost 2 years when I went through training, and then deployed. And it started up first try when I got back.
This is the best group of people I have ever seen on any forum, so I'll probably lurk around still, and wait for my future NC???X purchase when they put a shaft drive and comfortable seat on it.

After 9 years and only 9000 miles, I decided it was time to move on to something I felt like riding more often. I did what most guys here did and bought several windshields and seat options always hoping to have the bike be more comfortable, but it just never worked for me. It was great for commuting, but even at 30 minutes, my wrists and ass were aching. I kept telling myself that 60+ mpg made it worthwhile, but I can afford a few gallons of gas for a bike that has more soul. I traded it in for a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner with 19000 miles. The Stratoliner was 5000, and they gave me 3000 for my 2012 NC. That was with all my factory luggage installed, centerstand, and MadStad on it. It killed me, but not as much as it sitting in my garage unused.
I also bought a BMW K1200LT last year right before spring. I always wanted a large tourer for 2 up, and it is a pretty cool bike. However, its clutch immediately crapped out on me, so it is sitting on a lift while I slowly rebuild it. I have a dream of one day owning a Gold Wing, but the cost of the BMW, Yamaha, my NC, and the FJR I had before all this is still less money combined than a new Wing.
I would thank you guys for all the help maintaining the NC over the last 9 years, but really, nothing ever broke on it. I even let it sit for almost 2 years when I went through training, and then deployed. And it started up first try when I got back.
This is the best group of people I have ever seen on any forum, so I'll probably lurk around still, and wait for my future NC???X purchase when they put a shaft drive and comfortable seat on it.
Good luck as you move on sans NC700X. No point in toturing yourself with an uncomfortable bike. I understand what you are saying about NC comfort. After much effort, my 3.2 inch handle bar rise and 7th seat trial finally made my NC comfortable. I did a 6000 mile trip last year with no soreness.

Stick around! When the NC v2.0 goes shaft drive and good seat, maybe you’ll buy again. And, don’t give up on the Goldwing dream; I love my ’02 ‘Wing.

Enjoy the new bike and from one vet to another, we are truly grateful for your service. Stay safe.

Back