• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X Die-Cast Toys? Where?

JoeZ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Honda has many model bikes offered as Die-Cast toy replicas yet why NO NC's? Anyone seen any anyplace? Europe? Asia? Anything?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,236
Because NC's a practical bikes designed for functionality and fuel economy above all else. Kids don't want to play with that stuff, they want toy replicas of things that go fast, sound good, and get big air. Whenever I walk into a garage service center I always see models of old muscle cars and various race cars around the desk, but never models of sub-compact hybrids. We ride the multi-functional, sub-compact hybrid of the motorcycle world.

Because NC's a practical bikes designed for functionality and fuel economy above all else. Kids don't want to play with that stuff, they want toy replicas of things that go fast, sound good, and get big air.

While that may be true, from what I have observed, a huge portion of the die-cast market is not kids. I wouldn't give up on there being an NC model (or one of its European twins). It seems like a particular vehicle has to be out a few years before they will produce a collectible model. My RAV4 is neither fast, great sounding or gets any air but there are lots of die-cast replicas even though that body style is discontinued. I don't think it's kids who are buying them. As long as Honda keeps making the NC I think there will eventually be a scale model of it.

I've been waiting for the same thing to come out. However, in the meantime, Yamaha has some really cool papercraft models! They are FREE to download and printout from Yamaha. Just google Yamaha Paper craft. I've been working on the High Detail V-Max, but they have a lot different bikes on there. The closest I could find from Honda that I was interested in is the CX500 Turbo plastic model. With my luck, an NC700 model won't be made until I've moved on to something else.

Because NC's a practical bikes designed for functionality and fuel economy above all else. Kids don't want to play with that stuff, they want toy replicas of things that go fast, sound good, and get big air. Whenever I walk into a garage service center I always see models of old muscle cars and various race cars around the desk, but never models of sub-compact hybrids. We ride the multi-functional, sub-compact hybrid of the motorcycle world.
I was in my brothers "motorcycle" wedding last weekend. I had the only non Harley/cruiser looking bike there. One kid came up to me and was asking me questions about the NC. I put it on the centerstand and let him sit on it, crank it and rev it a little. I won! He said he liked "our" NC better than all the others. I also rode the maid of honor up the (outside) aisle.

BTW- I was president of the local old VW club. I had a 1958 Beetle, 1971 Single cab (with a ford engine in it) and a 1978 Westfalia (fully solar powered accessories) Sold them all ....wish I still had the camper!

Back