• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question NC700X 2012 - Lean Angle degrees?

mrbios

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at getting the Rebel 1100 which states that it has a lean angle of 27 degrees which is less than the NCX but I was unable to find the lean angle of my bike anywhere including searching this forum. What is the lean angle of the NC700X?

Don’t know. I’ve never found a decent database of motorcycle lean angles. Please share if you find one.

I know Wiley (the NCX) won’t lean as far as Bumblebee (the CBR600) would, but it’ll lean quite a bit further than Klaus (K1600) and a lot further than Woodstock (VF750) would.

40 degrees? 45? No idea, really.

Jeez are those pegs or frame sliders?
I am a left leg below knee amputee and that knee is trashed and will not bend past 90 degrees, so I have a cruiser highway peg on the frame rail to accommodate my leg. But it's high enough to where it doesn't drag on left turns. It's an odd riding position, but I am able to make it work.

received_664932228123261.jpeg

Screenshot_20220321-215726_Gallery.jpg

I am a left leg below knee amputee and that knee is trashed and will not bend past 90 degrees, so I have a cruiser highway peg on the frame rail to accommodate my leg. But it's high enough to where it doesn't drag on left turns. It's an odd riding position, but I am able to make it work.

View attachment 49006

View attachment 49007
Folks who are completely able bodied who say “I can’t” should be required to spend 30 minutes with you. I know you’re not seeking any praise, but man that is drive overcoming adversity all day long. Pretty inspirational. My best friend is handicapped, pretty significant disease, and I forget sometimes because the SOB never slows down. Reminds me a bit of what I’m seeing here.

Edit: A benefit of being his friend is we get great parking at the Panthers game and don’t wait in lines there either!

Folks who are completely able bodied who say “I can’t” should be required to spend 30 minutes with you. I know you’re not seeking any praise, but man that is drive overcoming adversity all day long. Pretty inspirational. My best friend is handicapped, pretty significant disease, and I forget sometimes because the SOB never slows down. Reminds me a bit of what I’m seeing here.

Edit: A benefit of being his friend is we get great parking at the Panthers game and don’t wait in lines there either!
I always say that you view things differently when you're faced with it and have no other option. I may be an outlier, because I have very little issues from it. My knee is the biggest problem, not the partial missing limb. It's mostly just annoying that I can't bend it and don't have a shifting foot. But as for 99% of everything else in life, I am able to do it all. Hell, I worked 14 hours at work yesterday, and could have kept going. Few months ago, I hiked the Walls of Jericho trail, which is a moderately difficult 6.5 mile round trip. It's all uphill on the way out and was probably the most physically challenging thing I've done in my 12 years being an amputee.

I tell people that it's like stepping into a tall shoe. Wish I could trade places with people for a day and most would be like "Well, it's really not that bad is it?" LOL.

I'm very fortunate that my circumstances aren't different. Every amputee doesn't turn out as able as I am. And I'm endlessly thankful that the NC was created! It works so well for me for sport riding. I only wish I had learned of it earlier than in 2019 when I bought my first one. 7 years there that I missed out on. Lol.

Oh, and I rarely use my handicap hang tag to get good parking, unless I'm somewhere that's stupid crowded and those are the only spots left. Actually had several instances where random people walking back to their vehicles smarted me up as I hop out of my truck (with jeans on), saying "you're supposed to be handicap to park there!" I politely pull my pants leg up and flip them a bird. Just mind your own business, ya know? One lady remarked after I showed her my leg... "oh, well you earned it" haha what? Really? I earned it? Ok, ignorant human.

I was looking at getting the Rebel 1100 which states that it has a lean angle of 27 degrees which is less than the NCX but I was unable to find the lean angle of my bike anywhere including searching this forum. What is the lean angle of the NC700X?
I had the DCT version & had some problems with the riding position. With the DCT your legs were on a angle, not strait down, & the cruise control never worked. Took it back 3 times, the dealer was waiting to hear back from Honda. After 2 weeks I picked the bike up , not fixed. The dealer said they would call me hen they heard back from Honda. I traded the bike for a NC750X

I always say that you view things differently when you're faced with it and have no other option. I may be an outlier, because I have very little issues from it. My knee is the biggest problem, not the partial missing limb. It's mostly just annoying that I can't bend it and don't have a shifting foot. But as for 99% of everything else in life, I am able to do it all. Hell, I worked 14 hours at work yesterday, and could have kept going. Few months ago, I hiked the Walls of Jericho trail, which is a moderately difficult 6.5 mile round trip. It's all uphill on the way out and was probably the most physically challenging thing I've done in my 12 years being an amputee.

I tell people that it's like stepping into a tall shoe. Wish I could trade places with people for a day and most would be like "Well, it's really not that bad is it?" LOL.

I'm very fortunate that my circumstances aren't different. Every amputee doesn't turn out as able as I am. And I'm endlessly thankful that the NC was created! It works so well for me for sport riding. I only wish I had learned of it earlier than in 2019 when I bought my first one. 7 years there that I missed out on. Lol.

Oh, and I rarely use my handicap hang tag to get good parking, unless I'm somewhere that's stupid crowded and those are the only spots left. Actually had several instances where random people walking back to their vehicles smarted me up as I hop out of my truck (with jeans on), saying "you're supposed to be handicap to park there!" I politely pull my pants leg up and flip them a bird. Just mind your own business, ya know? One lady remarked after I showed her my leg... "oh, well you earned it" haha what? Really? I earned it? Ok, ignorant human.
My wife has had about 30 procedures to try and fix her heart and circulatory system. She has more grit than 3M to have made it through this far. She just got out of a 6 week hospital stay last week. The heart problem started congenitally and some well meaning surgeons muffed it up from there and Covid tried to finish her off this year, though vaxed and boosted. Anyway, she can't walk very far but she looks like a million bucks. The State of Florida has given her a handicap placard to hang from the mirror if parking is not convenient for her so I can relate to people making comments "hey, you don't look handicapped". All I can say is those folks are handicapped between the ears.

My wife has had about 30 procedures to try and fix her heart and circulatory system. She has more grit than 3M to have made it through this far. She just got out of a 6 week hospital stay last week. The heart problem started congenitally and some well meaning surgeons muffed it up from there and Covid tried to finish her off this year, though vaxed and boosted. Anyway, she can't walk very far but she looks like a million bucks. The State of Florida has given her a handicap placard to hang from the mirror if parking is not convenient for her so I can relate to people making comments "hey, you don't look handicapped". All I can say is those folks are handicapped between the ears.
Wow, she sounds like a trooper! I truly hate to hear of her consistent battle with the condition and the struggle with things like Covid. That's rough! I'm not sure I knew if you were married or not, but I knew if you were, she had to be pretty darn tough to put up with you! Haha, only kidding. You're one of the good ones. :cool:

Can you get a handicap placard for your NC? That would really get some folks going ;)

No question about my buddy's handicap so we don't get any side eyes. He has duchenne's muscular dystrophy and has to use a scooter in venues like that. That said, I would have guessed that you would rarely use the handicapped reserved parking! He used to ride before the disease progressed and he lost too much strength and balance to be safe.

His disease is actually very close to Parkinson's, which the scientists think they will have a cure for very soon. If they cure Parkinson's, it will almost certainly treat Lou. I asked him what he'd do if he was cured and able to gain strength and balance. He said all he would do is find as many stairs (fire towers, mountain sides, etc.) and walk them. He has not used stairs in a couple of decades.

Hoping she recovers fully and quickly from all of her ailments.

Lean angle question of NCX (whatever the degrees) Part II:
While I have managed to scrape pegs on both sides it seems like that is farther than a person should be leaning on normal streets anyway. The two places this occurs are 1. from a stop taking a hard left turn and intentionally swinging wide and diving into the turn as much as possible. 2. getting on the highway around smooth banked on ramps where the total angle is around 90 to 180 degrees.

Thoughts?

Lean angle question of NCX (whatever the degrees) Part II:
While I have managed to scrape pegs on both sides it seems like that is farther than a person should be leaning on normal streets anyway. The two places this occurs are 1. from a stop taking a hard left turn and intentionally swinging wide and diving into the turn as much as possible. 2. getting on the highway around smooth banked on ramps where the total angle is around 90 to 180 degrees.

Thoughts?
Sounds about right. I scraped the toe of my boot once on a fast right hand turn but that was it. I kind of figured if they don’t advertise the lean angle you likely won’t have to worry about it.

I've always said if you're dragging pegs or toes of your shoes on the street, your body position is wrong. Scoot your butt off the seat going into and through turns, and while doing so try to "kiss the mirror" as they say. If cornering hard, your foot should also not be in the normal, relaxed riding position. Scoot your foot up to where the "balls of your feet" or whatever you want to call it is on the peg.

My street NC is bone stock, including pegs. I've never drug a hard part or my shoe on it due to my body position. Ideally, it may feel cool dragging stuff, I still feel cool dragging knee on the track...but not dragging hard parts or shoes, especially on the street. Too many factors come into play that can be risky if you are dragging hard parts on the street.

Offsetting your body position means offsetting the center of weight of you paired with your bike as a whole. This allows the bike to lean less and you have more control over the bike through turns. This means there is a safety cushion to turn in even farther if you need to avoid something in the road mid-turn, or hit a dip/bump and it makes the suspension compress even more, or you find yourself coming into a corner too hot and need to lean harder to make it safely. OR......if you just want to flat out be faster through the turns!

If you're riding in a straight up and down body position and dragging hard parts through turns, your room for error or safely avoiding obstacles in the road is very limited. Do yourself a favor and work on your body position.

Last edited:
Back