• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 to NC750- Frunk differences?

omniphil

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a 2020 NC750x DCT.
I was reading the thread on helmet fitment in the frunk and the thread was in the NC700 section, so I was wondering are the frunks the same size between models?

Other than the engine is most of the rest of the bike the same?
I was looking at some videos of fitting the centerstand and heated grips, just wondering how much I need to worry about if the How-To's are 700 vs 750?

Thanks!

If you are talking about the USA market, the frunk difference is not between 700 and 750, it is between 2012-2015 models, and 2016+ models. The bodywork changed at 2016 on the NC700X, and the frunk lid shape changed to allow supposedly 1 liter more frunk capacity. The 750 came along a little later and kept the 2016 bodywork.

Centerstand fitment is the same across all model years. I’m not 100% certain, but I think heated grip fitment follows the bodywork design, not the engine size.

All Honda OEM accessories are supplied with specific directions.

Last edited:
As 670cc stated, for your 2020 the most applicable years are 2016 and forward. Pretty much everything on my wife’s 2016 can be interchanged with my 2018 (including most engine parts).

In 2018 there were some additional upgrades like the traction control and going full LED lighting. But from 2018 forward I believe it’s just been paint color.

Most advice given for 2015 and earlier models still applies to 2020 models. The plastics changed, yielding a slightly larger Frunk. The dash screen updated a bit. The windscreen altered. But most older advise seems to apply.

Awesome, thank you guys.

I had tried both my full face helmets (Large) and I can get the lid to close by putting some pressure on it. I wish I knew which part was hitting and maybe I could modify the underside of the lid a little.
My 3/4 helmet barely fits as it's a little taller with some additional vents, but once I wrangle it past the vents the frunk closes with no issues.

Seems like there are quite a bit of helmets that dont fit, and given that's mainly the purpose of this frunk certainly would have been nice to have it be a little bigger.

So just to add a little more information here. I did find an interesting trick with helmet fitment in the frunk.
My 3/4 helmets fit fine, but my medium/large full face helmets do not fit, something is in the way, i'm guessing the front chin bar of the helmet stick out too much.

However if I put in my full face helmets and then rotate them about 3 inches to the side (Or just twist them as much as it'll go) The frunk closes perfectly. Not sure what is getting in the way, but all of my full face helmets fit now.

HJC AC-12 Carbon (Large)
HJC FS-15 Carbon (Large)
Shoei GT-Air II (Medium)

Another thing I did was to remove the little trap door at the bottom of the frunk, it provides another couple of inches of space, I usually keep my gloves in that space and then when the helmet goes in the back of the helmet is resting on the gloves to offer a little scratch protection, the GT-Air II has a spoiler sticking out the back and probably scratches easy.

Back