• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700 skid plate

Mine was on front porch when I got home from a business trip tonight. Rain tomorrow so hopefully get on Sunday. (No garage.)

Dale, Great idea to use the parking brake. What are the pads made from. I have an MP3 and the pads for the parking brake are very soft so if one drives away with the parking brake on the pads quickly wear away. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Thank you! your bike looks very nice, i also use the same seat pad on my dct. Some people know that i had a customer come in that just had to have my old nc700, so i sold it to him. i have always had a hard time getting and keeping dct model on the show room, that is one reason why it took so long to make a dct plate. SO I FIXED THE PROBLEM AND BOUGHT ONE. with tracs bags, sw motech case guards, winch, new rear fuel tank, and lots of other cool parts, also going to make a left hand brake system,off of the parking brake, for slow speed, and down hill braking, like walking along side the bike, and still having rear brakes. dale

Very cool...welcome to DCT club! One thing I have come to appreciate, when offroad in manual mode, is how EZ it is to shift while standing on the pegs!!!!

..........i have always had a hard time getting and keeping dct model on the show room, that is one reason why it took so long to make a dct plate. SO I FIXED THE PROBLEM AND BOUGHT ONE........ dale
Interesting statement as many dealers I have talked to won't order DCT afraid they won't be able to sell it.

Interesting statement as many dealers I have talked to won't order DCT afraid they won't be able to sell it.

I have two stores and have aways had a hard time getting standard and dct models. i only have one standard left and cant get anymore for the 2014 are released, that means a couple of months with no nc700 at all to sell. sometimes i can get them from other dealers. We offer a lot of parts for the nc700, and dual sport rides that i put on. And i ride almost daily. My other street bike that i got in june now has 31000 mils on it, i have only had the new nc for three week. thanks dale

Shift Control Motor Cover Mod

After I finished installing Dale's DCT skid plate over the weekend, I noticed the reused shift motor shield had a screw mount point for the original "under cowl". I thought about just cutting it off, then maybe mounting something to cover the shift motor. THEN it occurred to me that I'd never be re-using the original under cowl again, so I just kept slowly carving it down to fill the space between the skid plate and the mount point. I left it a little long so I could tuck it in to prevent it from catching wind and hold it in. The original screw holds it in place.

Can't do this if you are saving the original parts in case you want to take it back to stock someday, but it's not a bad option otherwise. Here's lots of pics so you can determine if the mod is for you.

sc1-small.jpg sc2-small.jpg sc3-small.jpg sc4-small.jpg sc5-small.jpg sc6-small.jpg

Last edited:
After I finished installing Dale's DCT skid plate over the weekend, I noticed the reused shift motor shield had a screw mount point for the original "under cowl". I thought about just cutting it off, then maybe mounting something to cover the shift motor. THEN it occurred to me that I'd never be re-using the original under cowl again, so I just kept slowly carving it down to fill the space between the skid plate and the mount point. I left it a little long so I could tuck it in to prevent it from catching wind and hold it in. The original screw holds it in place.

Can't do this if you are saving the original parts in case you want to take it back to stock someday, but it's not a bad option otherwise. Here's lots of pics so you can determine if the mod is for you.

View attachment 10904 View attachment 10905 View attachment 10906 View attachment 10907 View attachment 10908 View attachment 10903

VERY NICE, looks much better. i should of thought of that. thanks dale

yvepugug.jpg

Got mine and installed it, great workmanship, fits great and instructions covered all potential pitfalls.

((( great workmanship)))
I'll second that though I've not bought one but I do know what is involve in the making.
this is some thing that most folks don't see or realize what's involve...oh its only a piece of bent plate the same as my rails etc a piece bent of tubing.
credit where it deserve ..well done Dale .
thumbs-up.gif

I am interested in a skid plate, but I dont see anything in the vender section. Can you direct me to where I can purchase one?

Work at the dealer ships is starting to get busy, so it is hard for me to keep up, making skid plates, they take about eight hours to make, and the riding season is coming quickly. I have some trips on the nc planned also. So i will make plates for one more week, then it will be winter before i have any more. I will still make nut plates,shift levers, and both rear racks, they do not take so much of my time to make. Hopefully everyone under stands. So if you would like a skid plate it would have to be ordered by 5/10/2014. Thanks Dale

Dale,

I am new to this forum as I am a new owner (well almost .....should have bike by May 9th.) I have been doing LOTS of reading and research into NC700x parts and "stuff"...... and I have to agree with most everyone here, in saying your stuff looks (and functions) awesome. My dealer is adding a few things on my wish list (luggage, better offroad tires, crash bars, etc) BUT I can't really find a skid plate up here in Canada. I want yours !!!!! Hopefully I will be able to purchase one from you very soon (as I see your deadline). I am even considering coming down to Washington State to get it !!! It would be a very good way to break in my new NC700x !!! LOL
P.S. You have a great name .....my name is Dale too !!!

In the process of making a new dct plate slimmer, tighter fit, smaller frontal area. Should have first one done in about thirty days. The same design will be carried over to the non standard plates also.
Remember any of my products can be found in the vendor section under hondabikepro products.
Thanks Dale

Back