• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700 skid plate

i am going to revisit the dct, having cornering clearance problems, if the left and right cover protectors are not made out of 3/16 thick aluminum they wont hold up in a crash, and when you make them this thick they may touch on hard cornering, with a load on the bike, if you hit a dip in the road, cant have this. the stock cover on the right only covers up the ops sensors, if you drop it at all you could damage them in the parking lot!!!!! the left side shift motor rail has to come off for the plate to mount, witch is the guard for the motor, to fit the skid plate. so the left side plate of the skid plate has to be able to totally protect the end of that motor. i have to have clearance from the ops sensors and the shift motor, from the 3/16 side plates, so if you crash they don't cause more damage by folding in on these parts, then if you had not plate at all. I WILL KEEP TRYING TILL I COME UP WITH ONE THAT FITS THESE NEEDS. THANKS DALE

new skid plate for NC700 DCT finished, will post new pictures tomorrow. dale

new skid plate for dct models, protects the ops sensors, and the shift motor on the right side, and uses the right side frame rail, as a mounting point, now uses nine bolts, to the frame to protect the motor. the plate is narrower at the rear, for better cornering clearance. but may not work on bike that are lowered. will work with honda center stand, having problem with

Attachments

• F4927AD6-B8EF-4559-B326-754B3F8F12FE-1577-0000074BB4BF31CB_zps53ba74ab.jpg
    F4927AD6-B8EF-4559-B326-754B3F8F12FE-1577-0000074BB4BF31CB_zps53ba74ab.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 953
Last edited:
Are there some crash bars or center stands that you know of that do NOT fit with this crash plate installed?
The SW Motech crash bars at least seem to fit fine.

i think the plates will fit with any crash bar. not sure if they will fit with after market center stand?? does work with Honda stand. mailed two plates to Canada about two weeks ago, i think they had sw-motech center stands, when they put on the plates i will ask them if they had any problems. dale

Great, thanks! I'm planning ahead on farkles I want to add if I decide to get the NC. It's At least a 4 month wait until riding season arrives though. :(

Looks GREAT Dale...another masterpiece!
Does the horn bracket need refabrication and relocated?

Fuzzy,

Dale has a well built skid plate, it looks great and is built better than most. I have another brand of skid plate, as Dale was out at the time I purchased, that I painted black before I installed it. I painted mine with Rust-Oleum textured black, I believe that was some else on this forum idea. The skid plate sure is a lot easier to keep looking good this way. Every time I change oil, I give the skid plate another quick coat of paint and it keeps looking good. Gets rid of a lot of scars this way. Just an idea someone else gave me.

Last edited:
I'm ready.

How difficult is the install? Anything need to come off? Everything included or will I need to buy a few bolts or something?

Please PM me with price and expected delivery.
the plates come with all new bolts, and instructions, for the install, there are a couple of tabs that have to be cut off, all you need is a hack saw, and a twelve mm box end wrench, i made all the bolts the same, i already have to many tools in my bike to carry, tried to make it simple. dale

the plates come with all new bolts, and instructions, for the install, there are a couple of tabs that have to be cut off, all you need is a hack saw, and a twelve mm box end wrench, i made all the bolts the same, i already have to many tools in my bike to carry, tried to make it simple. dale

Does cutting these tabs off restrict you from putting the chin front cowl back on when the skidplate is removed?

Does cutting these tabs off restrict you from putting the chin front cowl back on when the skidplate is removed?

you would have to buy the two brackets that hold on the coolant tank, but they are less then ten dollars to buy. then the stock cover could be reinstalled, dale

1.10.14 skidplate 05.jpg1.10.14 skidplate 03.jpg1.10.14 skidplate 02.jpg

Installed Dale's skidplate on my DCT today. Awesome construction and fitment was spot on! Thanks Dale

Thank you! your bike looks very nice, i also use the same seat pad on my dct. Some people know that i had a customer come in that just had to have my old nc700, so i sold it to him. i have always had a hard time getting and keeping dct model on the show room, that is one reason why it took so long to make a dct plate. SO I FIXED THE PROBLEM AND BOUGHT ONE. with tracs bags, sw motech case guards, winch, new rear fuel tank, and lots of other cool parts, also going to make a left hand brake system,off of the parking brake, for slow speed, and down hill braking, like walking along side the bike, and still having rear brakes. dale

Back