• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700 skid plate

How much clearance do you get with you with Dan's Skid plate on....
I've lowered my bike a little and get about 5.5 inches at the low point...
I ground the right side (before it tapers in) down a bit on a corner yesterday.
It was a bit of a surprise! :eek:
There are some fun corners on the way home... and maybe the bike is making them easier to ride.
I might try and increase the clearance just a wee bit...
Pictures to follow (if I can figure out how to upload)
If the picture shows up.. it shows my ground clearance (minus a little as the bike is not perfectly upright)
The ground part is on the other side.

Attachments

• P1016972.jpg
    P1016972.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 777
  • P1016972 (2).jpg
    P1016972 (2).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:
Thanks for the picture, GP :cool:

You touched down with the skidplate during cornering? :eek: I definitely would be careful with that...

Yup...
I am thinking that we have some opposite camber (if that is the right word...or maybe banked is a better term) corners. The roads are sometime higher on the inside of the turn. I live down a very twisty turny road....however I was pretty surprised!

Yup...
I am thinking that we have some opposite camber (if that is the right word...or maybe banked is a better term) corners. The roads are sometime higher on the inside of the turn. I live down a very twisty turny road....however I was pretty surprised!

That must have been some corner. :) Dale makes those skid plates to fit tight so it wouldn't reduce clearance any more than it had too...

Yup...

Off camber turns can be not so fun, especially if you are surprised by them, alright!

That must have been some corner. :) Dale makes those skid plates to fit tight so it wouldn't reduce clearance any more than it had too...

I have one of the older skidplate models, without the sticky outy bits on the sides. It would never have occurred to me that the newer design like GP has, which protects the cases better higher up, could also be a cornering issue :eek:

At least that's the only possible answer I can come up with, there's nothing on mine that could physically touch down in a corner...

Oh, and to be fair to Dale's work, I'm sure he couldn't have anticipated the skidplate being used on all possible combinations, including a lowered non-stock height bike.

I know... everything is new / a trial when you lower the bike..
Skid plate is great. I am hoping I can tweek the height so that it wont happen again...(maybe a turn on the lowering link to raise it just a touch...
Or it might have been a one off...P7097081.jpgP7097082.jpgP7097087.jpg
This time I've leveled the bike a bit better....however a wood log on a gravel driveway isn't perfect!:D

Apologize for newbie post, Just bought a NC700X, pick up tomorrow. Can some one tell me the address to PM Dale, This is something I want when ever he has another not spoken for to sell. One ride on the 700X after riding a DL650 4K + miles does make you a believer. First Brand New bike I've purchased since a Suzuki 150 2-stroke in 1966 ($600.00), the power of a test ride. Now to surf the forums for other farkle must haves. Thanks for any suggestions.

Boz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am going to revisit the dct, having cornering clearance problems, if the left and right cover protectors are not made out of 3/16 thick aluminum they wont hold up in a crash, and when you make them this thick they may touch on hard cornering, with a load on the bike, if you hit a dip in the road, cant have this. the stock cover on the right only covers up the ops sensors, if you drop it at all you could damage them in the parking lot!!!!! the left side shift motor rail has to come off for the plate to mount, witch is the guard for the motor, to fit the skid plate. so the left side plate of the skid plate has to be able to totally protect the end of that motor. i have to have clearance from the ops sensors and the shift motor, from the 3/16 side plates, so if you crash they don't cause more damage by folding in on these parts, then if you had not plate at all. I WILL KEEP TRYING TILL I COME UP WITH ONE THAT FITS THESE NEEDS. THANKS DALE

Back