• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700 skid plate

By standing up all your weight is on the pegs, this make the center of gravity the lowest it can be, and by standing the bike will almost always handle better,off road. Normally i do not sit down at all in the dirt, the ride is much better, and more controlled standing up, but not with your legs strait should have some bend in them.

I would say that, even though, standing up does raise the overall center of gravity of the combined mass. But having your weight sitting on the peg, you would 1) disconnect your upper body from the bike below and 2) allow the bike to move more freely and not buck you off. The bike can rock side to side and the front to back, without the rider being throw around on top. The freedom to allow the bike to move independently to the rider is what would allow you to go over bumps and rocks.

The key is to keep your body study and allow the bike to move beneath you. Try this in an empty parking lot with a speed bump - Sit on the bike and go over the speed bump at a safe speed. And then go over the bump again standing on the pegs, arms relaxed and knees slightly bent. I bet you can go over the speed bump at 2x the speed, standing on the pegs and be perfectly fine.

As for the Center of Gravity, the explanation of the previous post is flawed. Yes, the combined CoG is higher when you stand up IF your hands and feet are FIXED to the bike and that your arms and legs are stiff as a board. Your skeleton will have to be part of the frame with no flex. And only under that condision, that argement would hold true and the overall CoG is raised.

But that's not what happens when you stand on the pegs - You are letting the bike to move freely, independent of the rider while your arms and legs act as shock absorbors. So the bike is moving and pivoting with itself own lower CoG while the rider moves thru space smoothly. So HondaBikePro is right, in that regard. Plus, I ain't gotta argue with his dirt bike riding experience.

Last edited:
Hondabikepro - your bike looks great. I am going to order me some tires right now! They look great and I am even more happy no modifications are required to be made to install them. Also, I am looking forward to purchasing a skid plate from you! I hope you let me by one! Great job!!!

THE TIRES ARE CONTINENTAL TKC 150/70-17 120/70-17 THEY FIT ON WITHOUT MODS, IM MAKEING A FUEL CELL FOR THE REAR SEAT AREA OUT OF ALUMINUM, THAT WILL AUTO FEED TO THE MAIN TANK. SOON AS IM DONE WITH THE TANK I WILL MAKE ANOTHER SKID PLATE TO SEE HOW MUCH TIME AND MATERIAL IT WILL TAKE TO COME UP WITH A PRICE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE ONE.. I will have to get a dct model in to see if all the dimensions will work on that model. I HAVE ABOUT TWELVE HUNDRED MILES OF DIRT ROADS SO FAR. AND ABOUT SEVEN MILES OF SIX INCH SNOW RIDING, BUT DID NOT NEED THE WINCH YET..

I use Continental TKC 80 "Twin-Duros" on my KLR. Great tires - smooth on the freeway, hold a cornering line well on asphalt or dirt. Plenty of shoulder to keep the front end from washing out in the soft stuff. Highly recommended.

5E6A4BDB-4DBE-4D4A-BD08-52C6C746C8FC-620-00000066EC338170.jpg

new and redesigned skid plate. that is made for my latest acc, side cover protection that will bolt on skid plate, and protect alt cover , and front of clutch cover. oh so little time and so much aluminum laying around my shop, without a bike to jump on. dale

Back