• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc700 rear rack

FYI I just checked on my S and the rack may well touch the curved ends of the SW Motech rack.

And if buying a rack should result in someone having a pillion seat they just can't stand taking up space in their garage and want to give me a great deal, let me know. :)

rear rack

Ok i have a few racks done, i have the backing for the front of the plate done will post pic tomorrow, if you would like info? please pm me Thanks dale

Ok i have a few racks done, i have the backing for the front of the plate done will post pic tomorrow, if you would like info? please pm me Thanks dale

Since my wife said she will only ride on the GoldWing, I'm interested. One of my concerns on the stock seat was not being able to open the latch to get the seat up for Gas. This looks like it eliminates the potential not being able to get the seat up for gas. I tried the create a emergency release cord but apparently I lack the imagination and skill to pull it off so this may solve the problem and give me additional storage. I have a GiVi setup with topbox but this should not effect the working of this.

I'm in

I will take one Dale. I have your skid plate. Great product. Pm me with the price when you figure it out.

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I should be picking up my NC700X next weekend.

Dale, your work looks fantastic! Are there still plans to create a plate with the fuel hole in it? I would be interested in combining your rack with fuel hole, a locked fuel cap, and a funnel of some sort if it negates the need to move the luggage to refuel.

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I should be picking up my NC700X next weekend.

Dale, your work looks fantastic! Are there still plans to create a plate with the fuel hole in it? I would be interested in combining your rack with fuel hole, a locked fuel cap, and a funnel of some sort if it negates the need to move the luggage to refuel.
Yes i am going to make a plate with a fuel hole, but may be a couple of months. working to catch up on making skid plates. thanks dale

PM Sent.
Dan H - If I pick this up from Dale, I *may* see about getting rid of the rear seat. I say *may* since I may want to keep the seat in case of sale later.
I do have an extra stock front seat and stock windscreen.

Secrecy of selling price

whats all the secrecy of price??
just post on here...
I agree with johnakay. My experience with secret, unlisted, or unpublished pricing is that the consumer, buyer, never knows if they have received the best pricing.
There is always a suspicion that the consumer has paid whatever the market will bear. Buyers in wealthier countries pay more than buyers in poorer countries. Or wealthier States or cities pay more than poorer States or cities. Openly posting or communicating prices always seems a lot fairer.

Last edited:
You say the best pricing but he is the only maker of said rack so he can charge whatever we will pay. I will say i inquired and was not told not to share the price, so I was quoted $170 plus shipping of $25.

Gigs

What does being the ONLY maker have to do with no listing of selling price?

You say the best pricing but he is the only maker of said rack so he can charge whatever we will pay. I will say i inquired and was not told not to share the price, so I was quoted $170 plus shipping of $25.
Gigs
"He can charge whatever we will pay!" :rolleyes: That is a potential problem. Different price for different folks?:(
If he is the only maker, then why not let potential customers know the selling price?:confused:
No competition, he can charge whatever he wants! But why not let a customer know without a lot of finger gymnastics? Why make a customer sign into the Forum, send a message to the vendor, and wait for a return message with hopefully the selling price contained in the message? What if he is on vacation, on jury duty, or in the hospital? Why the game?:(
If it is a FORUM RULE, then it should so be listed.:rolleyes:

Let's not start making wild assumptions and projected insinuations as to any Machiavellian plots and secretive schemings by HBP, please. The dude makes cool stuff. He sells some of the cool stuff. That he happens to own one of "our" bikes, and contributes to the Forum to the benefit of all, is something I for one, am very thankful for and appreciative of.

Starting to snipe and snark at him for not doing something the way you think it should be done, is at best poor manners, and at worst alienating and counter productive.

I don't have a problem with a posted price. Sometimes prices raise, but if it was made by HONDABIKEPRO, it would still be a great deal..

"H
No competition, he can charge whatever he wants! But why not let a customer know without a lot of finger gymnastics? Why make a customer sign into the Forum, send a message to the vendor, and wait for a return message with hopefully the selling price contained in the message? What if he is on vacation, on jury duty, or in the hospital? Why the game?:(
:

Really? Is this such a hardship? Turn on the computer and email requesting a quote? Then deciding without any pressure from anyone if that seemed a reasonable price.
I've ordered from HBP before, and would do so again!
Maybe my experience was better because I didn't just do finger gymnastics.. I jumped on my bike, caught a ferry, road for 2 hours down twisty ocean side roads and met Dale.

If your serious about wanting one I would send him a PM. He will most likely respond with the information you need. Seems as simple as that. No use in getting wound up over it. You either want it or you don't. If you do, send a PM. JMHO

Back