• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC on the TAT?

I'm not going to argue. If you don't want to take your NC on the TAT then stay at home and tell everyone how it can't do it. If you want to take your NC on the TAT then we can continue talking about it and hopefully planning a group to go in 2017 or 2018.

Like always, tell me when an where... I will be there. Besides I do like the pies at Oarks. And like always plan on picking me and my bike up a few times!

Last Saturday I took the nc on a 200 mile mostly dirt ride. I stand on the pegs most of the time. I didn't have a single issue (complaint). Did 4 low water crossings, some sections had baby head rocks.

I have had people tell me that have rode with me say "I didn't know the nc could handle that stuff" :)

Well, seeing as this would a pretty epic event, 2018 would be the time. That would give time to save $$ get any gear, talk work/significant other into giving the time needed.

If anyone is seriously interested, pm me and we'll see where things go from there.

A lot of guys think skills means being able to pull off outrageous feats... but I prefer to believe that being able to ride conservatively, pick good paths and exercise good judgement has a place in it too. Of course, I have to believe that ; }

Just ride the NC7 slower than those other folks. They have aways waited up down the path for me.

Well, seeing as this would a pretty epic event, 2018 would be the time. That would give time to save $$ get any gear, talk work/significant other into giving the time needed.

If anyone is seriously interested, pm me and we'll see where things go from there.

Yes! 2018! I'll be retired. Calendar is wide open! :eek:

We need stickers. :)

Trans-America_trail_sticker_decal_adv_-motorcycle2.png

My NC700X will have around 100k miles by 2018 and I might have a Africa Twin

Last Saturday I took the nc on a 200 mile mostly dirt ride. I stand on the pegs most of the time. I didn't have a single issue (complaint). Did 4 low water crossings, some sections had baby head rocks.

I have had people tell me that have rode with me say "I didn't know the nc could handle that stuff" :)
if I remember right, your bike is set up very well for off-road

So today while I work, the HR lady was walking around, and just kind of messing around I asked if I could take a month off of work. Surprisingly, it sounds like it wouldn't be much of an issue as long as I give them enough notice. I might have to get it approved by the Plant manager, but seeing as my supervisor rides, their boss rides, and the Plant manager rides, along with the fact that the time frame I'm looking at is during our slow period, I don't see a problem there. Now I just have to talk the wife into it.

It's looking more and more like the NCX will be my bike of choice as long as I'm not going solo.

Once again, if anyone is considering going, even if it be for a section and not the entire thing, let me know.

Here's where the TAT dumps out onto the beach at Port Orford Oregon (check out the rest of the album too). Met a lot of finishers there and had a good time. One group had a huge trailer waiting for them to drop riders and rides off at their homes back east. And special kudos to the women who rode small cheap dualsports like bosses! ...PO is a pretty cool place to hang out, hike, beachcomb, and for a town this size there are varied and nice dining choices too.

flickr.com/greenboy667/Port Orford

23379375015_4101dbc179_h.jpg

I'd forgotten about this thread. I assume no one has done it on NC700/750. I broke down in the fall and purchased a Royal Enfield Himalayan to go with my NC. Plan to ride the MABDR in June. I do think the NC could do that trip, but I believe it will be easier and less stressful on the Hima.

I'd forgotten about this thread. I assume no one has done it on NC700/750. I broke down in the fall and purchased a Royal Enfield Himalayan to go with my NC. Plan to ride the MABDR in June. I do think the NC could do that trip, but I believe it will be easier and less stressful on the Hima.
I apologize for hijacking the thread, drdubb, how's going with the Himalayan? I was considering it for a while. Specially after watching couple YouTubers traveling on Himalayan around the world. Like "Itchy Boots" and "Riding on eggshells".

Sounds like no one is considering the Royal Enfield Himalayan. From what I've seen about it, it might be perfect.
I personally doubt it would be perfect. I think 250cc dual sport would be much better option. But REH would be much better option than NC, out of question.

Back