• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC Millages, whats the highest

speedfox_2002

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so after I wrote up my long term review of my NC the other day it got me to thinking of whats the highest millage an NC has reached yet.
so post your current millage and lets see
mine has currently 43620 miles on the clock. I'm sure there must be others with way more though.

Ok so after I wrote up my long term review of my NC the other day it got me to thinking of whats the highest millage an NC has reached yet.
so post your current millage and lets see
mine has currently 43620 miles on the clock. I'm sure there must be others with way more though.

How is it running ? How has the finish held up ? Etc etc

How is it running ? How has the finish held up ? Etc etc

Running perfectly. Paint work has not dulled or scratched much(its red so i thought it would dull in the sun) the plastic for the controls housing has started to go slightly crystaline due to sun damage. But this is due to the 45 degree celcius temps it endures each day here in South Africa, unfortunately it sits in the sun all day at my office. The controls buttons themselves shows no sign of sun damage
the aluminium paint over the heel guard does not scuff easily and the rubber on the footpegs barely shows sign of wear.
the only thing which has got a bit worn is the ignition. you have to twiddle and fiddle a bit with the key to get it to on position.

Plenty of couriers in the UK who have seen over 70,000 miles in under 2 years on NC's, both DCT and manual

Made it to 72,000 this week. got the 2012 model in 2013.
Looking forward to buying the updated model...when (if) this one quits.

Last edited:
You guys are embarrassing me.

Ha, +1. My normal average is around ~15k/year, which on just about every other bike I've owned puts me at the top of the list on miles covered. I have 52k miles on my 2012 and feel like a slacker here :p

It's an interesting trend for a bike that I think most of the riding community still dismisses as a 'beginner' bike, at least here in the US. There are more guys on this bike putting up big miles and having a blast than any of the macho pirates I know ;)

trey

I bought my 12 new in February 13 and have almost 35k on it. I thought doing 12k a year was a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47000 miles all year riding 4 yrs old ,goes better than new. Things done since warranty ,Rear wheel bearings and cush drive ,new battery and clutch cable . Well happy.

47000 miles all year riding 4 yrs old ,goes better than new. Things done since warranty ,Rear wheel bearings and cush drive ,new battery and clutch cable . Well happy.

I have also found that my NC seems to be "loosening up" with increasing mileage. The motor seems stronger now than when it was new. My experiences on other bikes has not been quite the same.

At what mileage did you change the cush rubbers and did something specific motivate you to do so ?

o/ griff at 28000 miles when doing a bike check before some long rides I had the rear wheel up on my paddock stand and at first noticed play in the wheel bearing ,then put it in gear and noticed quite a lot of play in the wheel rotation before chain was moved, that's in march 2014, a couple months out of warranty. Checked the other day and no discernable play in either at 47000 miles . so far done 5000 on the pr4 rear and just noticing a wee bit of squaring off . very pleased and think they have a way to go .
With new rear bearings (not the bigger drive bearing) and cush drives the bike was a whole lot smoother and quieter changing gear.

o/ griff at 28000 miles when doing a bike check before some long rides I had the rear wheel up on my paddock stand and at first noticed play in the wheel bearing ,then put it in gear and noticed quite a lot of play in the wheel rotation before chain was moved, that's in march 2014, a couple months out of warranty. Checked the other day and no discernable play in either at 47000 miles . so far done 5000 on the pr4 rear and just noticing a wee bit of squaring off . very pleased and think they have a way to go .
With new rear bearings (not the bigger drive bearing) and cush drives the bike was a whole lot smoother and quieter changing gear.

Thanks for that Kharli. I might indulge in a new cush rubbers. I agree about PR4's they are by far the best tyres I have used on this bike.

Back