• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Navigating on the move.

Yes, I'm very familiar with speed trap towns on Hwy 301 north of Ocala. I've been dealing with them over 40 years. I'll have to watch the speed limits going through the small towns, for sure.

DDueling, send him down that most twisty road we took to River Ratz on the ride out of Palakta. That was a great route.

Did I miss the Annual Florida RTE this year?
I didn't plan one this year. I got off the Triumph and back on a 700X in September and by then my October and November weekends were booked. I am leading two day rides out of Lake Louisa State Park on 11/13 and 11/14. These are RTEs all are welcome to attend. Friday is to Peck's Old Port Cove at Ozella and Saturday is to Gator Joes on Lake Weir - where we had the 2nd Annual NC700X Florida RTE in 2012.

Open invitation to anyone that wants to attend one of these RTEs. Maybe I will post up in the ride forum.

Slight deviation of my planned route. St Augustine, FL Latitude 29.908704 Longitude 81.321165 to Brandon, FL Latitude 27.886174 Longitude 82.297812 Driving Directions & Road Conditions - MapQuest Still plenty of two lane roads and small towns. The lovely Mrs. Modisette will be following me back with the car and we plan on taking a pack lunch and doing a picnic somewhere along the route. Plenty of lakes mid-state so I'm sure we'll run across a park or two. I also picked up a bit of rain gear in case I get hit with one of those sporadic rain showers that we have.

Have a good ride. Getting a new bike and a first ride on is great. Plus the wife is all in and that is great too.

Again tho, not my thing to travel the trafficked roads all the way but that route will get you home. There are parks along the route at Astor (east side of the St. Johns River), Lake Dorr (east of 19, Dorr Road, Pittman, FL) and on Lakeshore Rd along Lake Eustis.

Do yourself a favor and do not travel US19 out of Eustis toward Tavares. Get on Lakeshore Drive at the East Citrus Drive/SR44 intersection. Turn right onto Lakeshore. That is a beautiful ride along the shore of Lake Eustis. It comes back out on 19/441 at Tavares.

Have Fun!!!

Have a good ride. Getting a new bike and a first ride on is great. Plus the wife is all in and that is great too.

Again tho, not my thing to travel the trafficked roads all the way but that route will get you home. There are parks along the route at Astor (east side of the St. Johns River), Lake Dorr (east of 19, Dorr Road, Pittman, FL) and on Lakeshore Rd along Lake Eustis.

Do yourself a favor and do not travel US19 out of Eustis toward Tavares. Get on Lakeshore Drive at the East Citrus Drive/SR44 intersection. Turn right onto Lakeshore. That is a beautiful ride along the shore of Lake Eustis. It comes back out on 19/441 at Tavares.

Have Fun!!!

Thanks for the tip. I added Lakeshore to the route.

Last edited:
Back