• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

National General V-Stream Windshield

pismocycleguy

Reaction score
Visit site
What ever happened to the National Cycle V-Stream Windshield for the NC700X?
I thought that it would have became available after March or April 2013?
I guess it didn't work out as well as National Cycle anticipated?
Must have hit a glitch in the design? Or in manufacturing?
Oh well!
I would still like to try one when, or if, they become available.:confused:

What ever happened to the National Cycle V-Stream Windshield for the NC700X?
I thought that it would have became available after March or April 2013?
I guess it didn't work out as well as National Cycle anticipated?
Must have hit a glitch in the design? Or in manufacturing?
Oh well!
I would still like to try one when, or if, they become available.:confused:

In another thread someone posted an update a few weeks ago.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2796-best-aftermarket-windscreen-links-each-comparison.html

smileymotorcycle-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Here is what I was emailed on July 17th:]

The shields are in full production, We are looking at a release date of July 26.

--
Ride Safe.

Scott Durham
Customer Service
National Cycle
2200 S Maywood Dr.
Maywood, IL 60153
Phone:(877) 972-7336 X153
Direct Line: (708) 273-6553
Fax: (708) 343-0625
ASSP:LetMeIn

Today is July 26th.
But are the shields now available? Can they be purchased? What is the finalized retail selling price? Are the shields listed on the National Cycle website?

Here is what I was emailed on July 17th:]

The shields are in full production, We are looking at a release date of July 26.

Availability of V-Stream

National Cycle has been around sense 1939. They make great products. Their windshields are polycarbonate, where most windshields are acrylic. I believe this video will explain the difference.

And the V-Stream shield for the NC700X will be available when?
I am more interested in how it controls air flow than the construction material.
But, thanks for your endorsement of National Cycle!:cool:

You can order by phone right now at (877) 972-7336. I ordered and they said it will ship tomorrow 8/2/2013. Cost for Tall Tourer $267.00 model N20009.

Brh3rd,
Great! Let us know how it is installed, mounting brackets, etc. How effective it is at wind/buffeting control.
Please be sure to post photos of the finished installation.
Good luck, it looks like you'll be the first user.

Any update on the windscreen it looks promising so I'd love to know how it's working.
I guess brh3rd wasn't too happy with his National Cycle V-Stream screen? He never bothered to post a review or a photo after being so proactive about this screen. Or maybe he's still waiting for National to make it available and/or to ship the screen to him? Or maybe National Cycle is encountering some production difficulties?
Has this screen appeared on the National Cycle website?
I guess we just have to be patient?

I visited the National Cycle website today and the V-Stream windshield for the Honda NC700X is now listed. There are pictures, order numbers, and prices for all three models of this windshield. Do not look under new products, or under sport bikes. Just do a search using find you bike. The site is not very user friendly.
Now we just have to wait for someone to make a purchase of this screen and do a written and photo review and evaluation of the V-Stream.

I visited the National Cycle website today and the V-Stream windshield for the Honda NC700X is now listed. There are pictures, order numbers, and prices for all three models of this windshield. Do not look under new products, or under sport bikes. Just do a search using find you bike. The site is not very user friendly.
Now we just have to wait for someone to make a purchase of this screen and do a written and photo review and evaluation of the V-Stream.

Well that's an improvement. Last I checked the ncx wasn't even a choice. So we have progress. Prices too now and you can order. Now we will sit back and listen to the feedback as it comes in.
I assume the most unique feature of this windscreen is it can be used on other bikes. So you could take it with you if you did get a different bike and maybe just get different mounting hardware or even use what you have as it's kind of universal mount

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Screw it - I was hoping to get a report before hand (fit and performance seem to be highly individual at any rate). The 22" seems just huge so I'm ordering the 18" one now. I'll report back with pics and impressions once I get it.

I did get the 18". Shipping was quick and the whole set up is very nice. The mounting bracket is very sturdy and the shield looks very nice.

However, I should have ordered the 22". The shield blocked the wind nicely but there was significant buffeting around with wind hitting me right at the chin. Felt like I was getting hit with a jack hammer. I'm 6'2 31" inseam.

Wanted to return it but got a call from National cycle asking why. They worked with me to switch out the screens - probably without restocking fee. Very good customer service.

UPS truck literally just pulled up with the new screen which I will hopefully get put on tonite.

I really like the quality and look of this shield and would recommend it on that front. Whether its a good fit will depend on the rider.

My hope is that the 22" will work for colder weather. If it does ill probably get the really short one for warmer weather so it's easier to switch them out with the bracket staying in place.

Back