• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NADA or KBB?

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was checking the price for the bike my friend was selling, on both NADA and KBB. And the prices are kind of way off?!?
In good condition $2,965 (KBB) or $790 (NADA)?

KBB:
Annotation 2020-03-05 183243 - KBB.png

NADA:
Annotation 2020-03-05 183320 - NADA.png

What you use?

NADA is the yellow book that car/motorcycle salesman offer you for your car/bike....also, around here, what the insurance companies use to determine if your car/bike is to be totaled or not....
NADA=National Automobile Dealer Association....

Last edited:
I pay little to no attention to either. Check craigslist and cycletrader and see what like bikes are selling for in your area. That will give you a much better picture.

The obvious issue with CL and CT is that’s............... asking price............vs............selling price.
When a 2012 NC is on CL asking $6000 that’s very optimistic, even with accessories.
The various forums marketplace can give a very good indicator. Especially if the sell in reasonable amount of time. ADVRIDER marketplace is very informative with a diverse listing.
My local craigslist has had used Goldwings ( older ) offered for $8000-$10,000 for years.
When I selling my 2006 ST1300 there where several at $5-7k low mileage full accessories( not selling) ..........mine sold for a week at $3500.
ST and NC have a few thinks in common..........they are the same for many years, so ‘12-‘16 NC has the same features.

We have talked about “carry over“ or “non current” models on the showroom floors ( or available for order) ............that has a HUGE effect on the used market.

I pay little to no attention to either. Check craigslist and cycletrader and see what like bikes are selling for in your area. That will give you a much better picture.

Yep, market value. Look at what others are going for in your area, ask yourself if you need that much out of it or could price a little lower to get more attention, and it will sell before the others if it is as nice, nicer, and/or priced toward the lower end of the spectrum. Dealers usually mark used bikes up, so that helps you out when you want to sell yours at a "normal" price while over half the online listings are by dealers and $500-$1500 more than the one you are selling. I've bought and sold a lot of motorcycles over the past 7 or 8 yrs, never once checked any sort of book value.

When I was looking for my new-to-me NC700X, I encountered quite a swing in prices. Some sellers were just clueless in pricing, others were more on the mark. It seems as if KBB's "trade in " value is usually close to t he point at which it will sell.. I got mine about two months ago, and a few bikes I looked at then are STILL for sale at prices that are a bit too high. One local dealer was trying to sell a used 2013 for about 600$ less than another dealer was selling leftover 2015's for! It was up for sale for over a year.

Note: Generally, unless it is a farkle someone specifically wants/needs, it won't add value to the bike. If you want to make part of your money back on a farkle, pull it off, and sell it separately.
Maintenance records are definitely worth keeping, and receipts for batteries, chains, etc, are good indicators of the care of the bike.

In the example above, you're comparing apples to oranges: the NADA value is not from a dealer- the KBB value is from a dealer, which assumes some sort of warranty, etc. "Good" condition leaves a lot of ambiguity also.

Back