• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Mystery plastic cover, not sure where it fits!

amgin3

Reaction score
Visit site
While I was changing the air filter on my 2015 NC750X today (which I bought ~2 months ago), I found a piece of plastic just sitting there near the air filter, not attached to anything! It has a bolt and a screw hole, with part number 64508-MGS-B300 and is labeled "Cover L, Cable Under". I can't figure out anywhere that this piece fits, and googling this part only brings up Ebay listings with no clue on where it fits! Anyone have a clue? Here is a picture of the part in question, pulled from an Ebay listing. This one is from an NC700, but it is identical to the one I have and has same part number, so it is a common part between the NC700 and NC750X..

I think it is part #5 in this link: make the part number b30 (instead of b300) and it is the same part #.

part of the frunk assembly....

Let me try and describe where it goes. When you lift and remove the center cover part of the body plastic, the part that has a hole in it for the frunk and rear seat release, that part n question is screwed down on the left side of the bike under the center cover. It acts to protect and guide the left side control cable for the rear seat release. It's #5 below and if I recall correctly it is retained by a black screw you don't see until the center cover is removed and a plastic rivet that is visible when it is all assembled.

hm0415040010.gif

I think a good thing for all prospective do-it-yourselfers to get is a factory service manual and also learn your way around a Honda parts diagram like this one: https://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/c/honda/parts. Model, year, subsection and look at a exploded picture to get an idea of what is before you.

Motorcycles are like a big puzzle and learning where the parts go and fit together is part of the allure to me, to me anyway.

Back