• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Other ride gets better mileage!

cdnuser

Reaction score
Visit site
My other ride is not actually a motorcycle but an electric car with a generator. A 2012 Chevrolet Volt.

So far this year I have travelled 5500kms on 45 liters of fuel! Try that on a nc700.

And no I didn't notice an increase in my electricity bill. Maybe 30 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My other ride gets better gas mileage too. My other ride is my NC.

Wonder how much a battery pack replacement will cost for the Volt?

Yes but i can't ride it in the winter. LoL only 3 months of riding here.

Canadian gov give buyers 8250 cash back to which would allow you to have both. ;)

What the volt needs is a diesel engine to be worth while in my mind. The new Chevy Volt Duramax. Has a nice ring to it.

I'm lucky to get 350km out of 45L of high test in my car....

My other ride gets better gas mileage too. My other ride is my NC.

Wonder how much a battery pack replacement will cost for the Volt?

It doesn't concern me as most of my past cars rarely made it past 10 years before they fell apart. No signs of battery degradation so far. I may even upgrade to the all new volt next year depending on its range and price. Can't afford a tesla yet.

Yes but i can't ride it in the winter. LoL only 3 months of riding here.

Canadian people give buyers 8250 cash back to which would allow you to have both. ;)
There, I fixed it!

Gotta admit, those Canadians are giving people. You do have a point about the winters. I can ride all year long - and do.

Oh, and my real other car is a 1980 F-150. 34 years old and has a new (built by me) power plant. Terrible gas mileage but what a workhorse!

Last edited:
And if enough people buy them it will cause blackouts. Experts testified before the Senate that if electric cars was the plan we better start building power houses because the grid can not support them. I also don't like my taxes used to buy other people's cars. It is almost as bad as growing food for fuel. We let people starve to make greenies feel better.

And if enough people buy them it will cause blackouts. Experts testified before the Senate that if electric cars was the plan we better start building power houses because the grid can not support them. I also don't like my taxes used to buy other people's cars. It is almost as bad as growing food for fuel. We let people starve to make greenies feel better.

100% agree with you...

All true... I'm really against mono-crops and Monsanto and GE and GMO's ....wait.. what.. what were we talking about? Oh yeah, vehicles....

Sounds like cdnuser's electric bill didn't climb too much. Seems that the extra electricity could be accounted for with some extra insulation or LED light bulbs if that was a concern. It looks like a win-win to me. While I'm sure your expert is right on power generation problems if everyone had an electric car, the argument is weak at best. As if having too many electric cars is a concern. You have to pay most people to buy one.

Now, if you get an order of magnitude improvement in battery capacity, the drop in price could start a trend that I just might join.

No. It doesn't draw enough power. Do you do laundry? Do you have a hot tub?

Both of those things draw more power than the car.

Besides unlike in the US, we produce more power than we use in Ontario.

Someone has to keep the oil countries rich, it best be you than me.

I have never been a tree hugger, and i'll have to admit that its not the reason i drive an electric car.
I drive it because i want more out of my car than a run of the mill gas motor. And i hate seeing money go over seas!!
Keep it here in North America!!

Plus its a fun car to drive. I smile a bit knowing my wife drove around all day and never used a drop of gas.

You guys realize that most of our gas comes from Canada and us, right?

I will own an electric car when prices are more reasonable, and battery life extended. I wouldn't mind an electric bike either. So much torque is available from an electric motor >:D

Also, I don't think derogatory terms are necessary. I have many Arab friends, and none of them wear towels on their heads...

Seeing money go over seas? Oh yeah, I drive a Toyota........but wait........it's a Tundra and built in Texas by Americans. Does that mean my money is going over seas or staying here in North America? I'm confused.

I wouldn't mind driving an electric car if it was a Tesla. The Volt is just too damned ugly.....sorry. Besides, we just took over Saudi Arabia as the number one oil producer in the world. We have to find a good use for all of those hydrocarbons we are fracking out of the ground. If we're going to cause earthquakes from the fracking we might as well use the oil to make gasoline.

Our government is already loosing highway funds due to more fuel efficient automobiles that are causing lost revenues in the form of gas taxes. They would have to come up with an electricity tax if we all switched to electric cars. For every push there is a pull in Washington. Trust me, our government really doesn't want to get away from oil. It is what drives our economy, produces our food and makes our politicians wealthy. It will be around as long as we can extract if from the ground......and when that runs out we will steal it from someone else.

Those are macro issues. I can certainly get on board with saving my family unit money by driving efficient vehicles (micro issue). So, I say good on ya.
Mike

Our government is already loosing highway funds due to more fuel efficient automobiles that are causing lost revenues in the form of gas taxes. They would have to come up with an electricity tax if we all switched to electric cars. For every push there is a pull in Washington. Trust me, our government really doesn't want to get away from oil. It is what drives our economy, produces our food and makes our politicians wealthy. It will be around as long as we can extract if from the ground......and when that runs out we will steal it from someone else.

Those are macro issues. I can certainly get on board with saving my family unit money by driving efficient vehicles (micro issue). So, I say good on ya.
Mike

Very good points , Mike.
I wonder if there's a part of any car that doesn't require oil to make it.

I do find it odd how much controversy electric cars get.

Some people attack me verbally in public places trying to tell me i am wasting my money. Funny.

I am cheap and like to save money. The car after rebate was similar in price to the gas counter part ( fully loaded cruze) i could have bought and almost did, a VW diesel.

Its a car, it gets me from A to Z
I am lazy i just hate pumping gas. Much easier to plug it in.

My gas savings cover my car payment... Thats cool.

Of course oil is very important to the U.S. But may not be for the reason you think. Oil is traded in U.S. dollars. If that changes our dollar will be of no value. Our energy policies are a joke. We have the resources but refuse to produce.

I did not say I was against electric cars. I said if a large portion of the population went electric the grid can not handle it. I did say that I don't like my tax dollars paying to support alternative fuels. It prevents the advancements that would allow for tech that actually works. I hate subsidizing wind mills and then being forced to buy the electricity for more money.

The tech doubles every few years. In ten or twenty years we have no idea what advances the future will bring, but we spend billions of dollars on climate change with no measurable change. That money could be better spent. We did not sign the accords but are the only nation in the world that met them.

Hell, we elected and incompetent man as president twice (well really four times in a row). When people refuse to believe the truth they will believe anything. It's a touchy feely thing.

a6ube9ub.jpg

LOL.

Back