• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My NC700X in the curves!

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a cheap tripod to hold my smartphone and got the idea of getting some still video footage of some good curves in my riding territory (I hate onboard camera footage). A friend and I went on a road trip last weekend, ran into some delays starting out and didn't get to play around with filming in the curves as much as I'd like, but we did manage to get a little footage.

I tried setting the camera up to catch two curves, but the farthest curve from the camera actually had a pretty good dip in it mid-curve so it was kinda sketchy and a waste to even include it in the film. The curve nearest to the camera was a pretty good one, but in trying to capture the farther curve in the same video, the camera wasn't really set up to catch the apex in the nearest curve at the best angle. I really expected us to look a little faster on camera. LOL. This is the first time I've tried this and I'm also still getting used to the feel of the NC, and the staggered footing positions. I found that I felt more confident in left-hand turns, because in right hand turns when I try to hang off the bike, it pulls my prosthetic foot off the highway peg on the other side, so getting used to all that is a work in progress.

For now, I'm just having fun.

This will be a fun thread to update from time to time when I get around to filming more like this and comparing on down the road when I get 100% comfortable on the NC like the old days of riding sportbikes. I will make it out to Little River Canyon and try this in some better curves one day soon.

Video
YouTube

nice shots, the bike is lookin' good with those new bags on it. You're handling the curves quite well. I really like the way the NC's handle the curves. I have 2 large mountain passes in my area that i end up riding a lot and the NC just eats the curves up climbing and descending the passes!! :{)

Thanks! It's so fun to ride, I'm loving it so far. Usually the local canyon is the first place I take a new bike but I haven't been able to make it out there on the NC yet. It's a super fun road, maybe I can get out there on a low traffic day and get some better footage.

Enjoyed the video. I think your right about how boring the bike mounted footage can be... Does your bike have a stock exhaust...where was the video shot..?

Enjoyed the video. I think your right about how boring the bike mounted footage can be... Does your bike have a stock exhaust...where was the video shot..?

Yoshimura carbon slip on with quiet core insert removed. The video was filmed in Sherwood AL on hwy 117.

I have since done much more with this bike, but had forgotten about even starting this thread. I will post some more videos. I ended up turning this bike into a dedicated track bike and only do track days on it. I bought another one for street riding.

Barber Track Day Part 1

Tally Track Day Part 1

Riding roads around Suches, GA (vid kinda sucked due to getting behind traffic).

This is a run through Little River Canyon Rim Road, about 30 minutes from my house, just outside of Fort Payne, AL.

Yoshimura carbon slip on with quiet core insert removed. The video was filmed in Sherwood AL on hwy 117.

I have since done much more with this bike, but had forgotten about even starting this thread. I will post some more videos. I ended up turning this bike into a dedicated track bike and only do track days on it. I bought another one for street riding.

Barber Track Day Part 1

Tally Track Day Part 1

Riding roads around Suches, GA (vid kinda sucked due to getting behind traffic).

This is a run through Little River Canyon Rim Road, about 30 minutes from my house, just outside of Fort Payne, AL.

Always blows me away watching the pack pull out of sight only to have you crawl right up their butts through the turns! :cool:

Always blows me away watching the pack pull out of sight only to have you crawl right up their butts through the turns! :cool:

I am thinking about asking to be evaluated to be bumped to Advanced group. I know I can carry the corner speed for it, but I will have to remove my center stand and safety wire some things (tech rules). Really don't want to lose the center stand. A lot of the guys in Intermediate are faster than me, but half of them pass me in the straight then hold me up in turns. At least in Advanced group I would have clear track and be easily passed by all the fast guys. Still fun in Intermediate but is frustrating trying to get around someone on a literbike that is slow in turns and rips on straights. Then if I ever do pass em in turns, they pass me right back in the straight and game starts over.

I miss my literbike Lol

So I bought a cheap tripod to hold my smartphone and got the idea of getting some still video footage of some good curves in my riding territory (I hate onboard camera footage). A friend and I went on a road trip last weekend, ran into some delays starting out and didn't get to play around with filming in the curves as much as I'd like, but we did manage to get a little footage.

I tried setting the camera up to catch two curves, but the farthest curve from the camera actually had a pretty good dip in it mid-curve so it was kinda sketchy and a waste to even include it in the film. The curve nearest to the camera was a pretty good one, but in trying to capture the farther curve in the same video, the camera wasn't really set up to catch the apex in the nearest curve at the best angle. I really expected us to look a little faster on camera. LOL. This is the first time I've tried this and I'm also still getting used to the feel of the NC, and the staggered footing positions. I found that I felt more confident in left-hand turns, because in right hand turns when I try to hang off the bike, it pulls my prosthetic foot off the highway peg on the other side, so getting used to all that is a work in progress.

For now, I'm just having fun.

This will be a fun thread to update from time to time when I get around to filming more like this and comparing on down the road when I get 100% comfortable on the NC like the old days of riding sportbikes. I will make it out to Little River Canyon and try this in some better curves one day soon.

Video
YouTube
Looks like fun :)

More track vids from Monday.

First vid starts out slow, and I was about 75% pace the first couple laps letting tires warm up, so I got passed a few times, then started turning up the pace. Ended up chasing a purple bike most of the vid and finally passed him toward the end after the 10:00 mark. He was on a faster bike and could ride pretty good, so it took me a while to be able to get him. Not sure what kind of bike, it was a small one like a Ninja 400 or something.

And eventually I just ended up far away from everyone else so I had all the open track free for some hot laps. I freakin' loved running this track in reverse direction. So much more fun than the way they normally run it.

Well, I hit a new record at Barber last Monday, hit rev limiter in 5th gear in a turn at 98 mph with knee on the pavement! Did it about 4 times throughout the day. The little DCT NC700X is hauling the mail out there! It's the right hander of the chicane just past what is referred to as museum corner which is the right hander in front of the museum after running over the concrete strip. Since the bike is slow I can come out of museum corner on the throttle and keep it pinned through the chicane. I was getting better through museum corner which allowed me to carry more speed through the chicane thereafter.

Not sure at which point in this vid it happens, depends on drive out of museum corner and if I'm in aany traffic. The chicane corner I'm talking about happens around the 3:55 mark. First lap is warm up lap getting tires up to temp.

Screenshot_20220405-105436_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like fun, everybody going same direction, no centerlines, no junk on the surface, no crossroads or stop signs or lights, just getting jiggy with it. ;)

Well, I hit a new record at Barber last Monday, hit rev limiter in 5th gear in a turn at 98 mph with knee on the pavement! Did it about 4 times throughout the day. The little DCT NC700X is hauling the mail out there! It's the right hander of the chicane just past what is referred to as museum corner which is the right hander in front of the museum after running over the concrete strip. Since the bike is slow I can come out of museum corner on the throttle and keep it pinned through the chicane. I was getting better through museum corner which allowed me to carry more speed through the chicane thereafter.

Not sure at which point in this vid it happens, depends on drive out of museum corner and if I'm in aany traffic. The chicane corner I'm talking about happens around the 3:55 mark. First lap is warm up lap getting tires up to temp.

View attachment 48836

Braking later into the corner… much respect. Thank you for posting!

Barber Track Day Part 1

Tally Track Day Part 1

Great!

Back