• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MPG in spring

W

wildeone

well, still not as good as I'd like to. Temperature varies from 9 -19 Celsius here
and last fueling resulted in 4.3 l/100. Previous 3.4. Looks like mpg depends
most of all on ambient temperature and altitude. In Morocco I could stay around 3 l/100k (78 mpg)
sometime even below in the mountains. Back to Europe and bad results again.

I wonder if the poorer mileage in Europe can be partly attributed to gasoline with formulations to reduce pollution and less to get full efficiency from the engine. In the states, CA is that way with high-priced gas that delivers poor mileage while most other states don't have that problem.

4.3 L/100 WTF ??

My average is 27 km/l / 64 MPG (US). My worst ever tank was about +20 km/l and that was on the german autobahn in strong headwind doing 145-160 km/h / 90-100 mph with full luggage.

Look at my Fuelly log

Honda NC700 XD (Honda NC700X DCT ABS) | Fuelly

Thanks for the link. Fuelly displays fuel efficiency numbers in a format this American can understand without having to stop and do a calculation in my head. My first tank of fuel used after taking the bike out of storage averaged 46 miles per U.S. gallon. This fuel used was no-alcohol premium that I filled the tank with before I parked the bike for the winter.

Last edited:
well, still averaging 4.1 l/100km :(
granted I ride this bike harder then before, mostly off-road.

Take the bike out the highway for 300 km at 100kmh and see what your gas mileage is...riding off-road may be the culprit, the slower you go doesn't necessary mean better gas mileage, don't know if you have a dct or manual, but on a manual, feathering the clutch a lot while off-roading kinda eats up the fuel mileage (and stopping to look at scenery while bike idles=0 mpg).

Take the bike out the highway for 300 km at 100kmh and see what your gas mileage is...riding off-road may be the culprit, the slower you go doesn't necessary mean better gas mileage, don't know if you have a dct or manual, but on a manual, feathering the clutch a lot while off-roading kinda eats up the fuel mileage (and stopping to look at scenery while bike idles=0 mpg).

yeah, it's manual of course (off-riding remember?)
so that maybe it, today an hour in sand I got 4.3 l /100k

Back