• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

move foot brake to left hand

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
Have a buddy that has a DCT, and he is handicapped. Could really use an integrated brake that he can operate with a hand. Should we swap foot and hand brakes, or move the foot brake to the left side of the bar (like a scooter). Any weirdness with the ABS box we should know about?

Is he/she not able to use their right foot at all? The plumbing required to add a hand brake on the left side while disabling the master cylinder at the foot brake would not be easy.

It might be easier to just buy a 400 cc scooter.

The dealer did such a change on my wife's CTX700. Made use of the lhs master brake cylinder of the Honda Integra (NC700D). Disconnected the foot operated brake cylinder, connected the Integra lhs brake cylinder with a double banjo bolt. There is some info on the CTX forum, Move the parking brake - Honda CTX700 Forum. The tread starts about moving the parking brake, due to the tapered handlebar of the CTX moving the parking brake to a other position on the handlebar is problematic, this is less of a problem on the NC. Mind you the CTX has not the combined and linked brake system of the early NC's.

Last edited:
Have a buddy that has a DCT, and he is handicapped. Could really use an integrated brake that he can operate with a hand. Should we swap foot and hand brakes, or move the foot brake to the left side of the bar (like a scooter). Any weirdness with the ABS box we should know about?

it is pretty easy conversion, done many many times abs/combibrake doesn't matter, just find a place to move parking lever - it is easy on nc700

Last edited:
... move the foot brake to the left side of the bar (like a scooter)...

Yes, I've done it 3 years ago (Oct. 2012). So far it is my the best modification for my safety, comfort and confidence.
Except me, I've only seen one other example of similar modification - left hand brake linked to foot rear brake. Michel from Belgium.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/5318-hello-belgium.html?highlight=Michel

There is a question of legality of this kind of brake modification and acceptance by insurance company in case of accident. For me, my safety is more important, even if I'm bending so laws established by some ignorant legislators and bureaucrats, always late to react.
If your friend is serious in making this modification, send me a PM.

Would there be any way to use an old school brake cable to apply the rear brake? Maybe route it down to where the pedal would be and rig up some sort of cam/lever to "activate" the master cylinder. That's just the first thing that came to mind.

Would there be any way to use an old school brake cable to apply the rear brake? Maybe route it down to where the pedal would be and rig up some sort of cam/lever to "activate" the master cylinder. That's just the first thing that came to mind.

You would need lever with lock/release mechanism. You could take brake lever from NC Integra and mount it on engine guard...
or just relocate existing hand brake lever.

Since you have the ABS, the conversion is easy. The following link describes the process as done on an NM4. The process will be the same, you will only need to see how long a brake hose you need to reach the ABS controller. The same controller is used, so the same connection is needed.

NM4 Brake Conversion

Hope that helps.

Back