• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounting Tube Dia. on Genuine Honda Touring Windscreen?

Thomasec

Reaction score
Visit site
I have ordered the genuine Honda touring windscreen, but have not received it as yet. It comes with a tube bracket that surrounds the instrument cluster (for extra protection?) and to look great. I am planning to mount my GPS unit to that tube at the point it passes over the instruments (as I have seen someone do on another forum I don't belong to.) Does anyone who owns one know if the tube diameter is the same as the handlebars (7/8") or is something else? I need to order clamps and want to know the correct size ahead of receipt of my screen. Thanks!

Thanks, Happy. It looks smaller dia (could you measure for me?) but not sure. The GPS will fit there, just higher above the instrument panel, should be easier to view as it will be closer to the line of sight, yet still behind the windscreen.

Thanks, Happy. It looks smaller dia (could you measure for me?) but not sure. The GPS will fit there, just higher above the instrument panel, should be easier to view as it will be closer to the line of sight, yet still behind the windscreen.

ai... the depths that I would dive to do things for you....
:rolleyes:
I have no measuring calipers so I use a straight ruler.
it is at least 19mm and around 20mm diameter.

not sure what's that in inches...

You are most welcome Thomas. We help one another out. Post the pics when you mount the GPS, and show the mounting too. Ride safe!

Back