• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounting GoPro cam to MadStad brackets?

rpvanoyen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

I would like to mount my cam between the brackets, as it is out of the wind noise and has the best recorded image. Does anyone have some advise how to do this, of course without interfering the adjustability of the screen?

Greetz!
Rene

Hi again,

I've put my brain to work and have an idea... Made a photo and photoshopped some RamMount parts into it. BTW, the MadStad knobs are now on the outside of the brackets to make more room on the inside...
P1050365_Ram3.jpg

I always keep the screen in the same position as I like this best, but if the desire occurs, I still can lower or tilt it.
There would be 3 parts needed: 1" ball with M6 female thread, normal length connection thing and of course the GoPro-ball.
This way the camera has a clean see-through view, is out of most air flow (clean sound track), is somewhat below my own sight line (line of sight?) and can be operated without any issues.
Done deal I think, but correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Just put a flat adhesive mount on the windscreen itself.

I think I'd feel better using the adhesive mount on the madstad bracket rather than directly on the windshield (if there's enough room, that is). 1, because its a flat surface and 2, because you'll be less likely to damage the metal brackets than the windshield if you decide to remove the gopro mount in the future.

I think you may get vibration with it mounted to the shield. The brackets are solidly mounted, the shield has the rubber well nuts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I mounted the RamMount initially to the upper bracket, however I had some concerns what rough road surfaces might do to the windshield after some time.
Therefor I decided to mount the base to the lower bracket by drilling two 6mm (1/4" ?) holes. This took some time, even with a brand new cobalt drill bit and watercooling. The bracket material is VERY hard steel.
The rest was a breeze (bolted it tight with filler rings, spring rings and locking nuts), adjusting the right amount of tilt of the RamMount arm and aligning the camera took a while though. But no contact points whatsoever so I expect the image will be sharp and the sound pure (without the annoying wind noise).

fawm_nc5_09.jpg
fawm_nc5_10.jpg

I guess you could wrap the elastic head or chest mounts around the windshield.

One sec will check.

One minute later:

Those could be made to work. I used to put the GoPro head mount over the windshield, since I did not care about sound. Behind is harder.

Other possibilities that occurred to me while playing with that.

1. Sticky mount to top of speedometer housing.

2. Velcro on sides of madstad mounts and on sides of camera case, then a Velcro strip running from the mount to the case.

I am currently using Velcro to hold the GoPro steady on the front of my helite air vest. I was using the "Chesty" mount, but it is sort of one more thing to put on every time you get on or off the bike.

Last edited:
I hope that you will soon create/share a YouTube ride video taken with your new Madstad-mounted GoPro!

Your wish is my... One remark, the original recordings were crisp (at 1080p, 11 clips, 11GB of data) but after editing I had to resize it to 720p at lower bitrate (700MB) for "YouTube laws". Nevertheless, the cam does a great job, wind noise is low, the image stabilizer works like a charm and the exhaust sound... Neat!

Here it is: 1st test drive (in 1080p with a few "subtitles").

Last edited:
Thank you, RP, for posting that clear, smooth video. You have motivated me to install a similar system on my NC.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Good to hear! I really like Ram Mount products for its quality, flexibility and reduce of unwanted vibrations.
The GitUp Git2 camera performed as I hoped for, while it's about 1/3rd of the GoPro price.

Do you also have the MadStad screen?

Back