• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounting a second horn to the left (vertical) frame tube

rpvanoyen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

As I experienced the problem of the mounted horn (done by the dealer) between the forks and its reduced spring travel (it hit the top of the fender quite hard yesterday), I removed it ofcourse. I would like to mount it onto the left frame tube as low a possible, so it's on somewhat the same height as the standard horn. Therefor I probably best need a black clamp with a M8 hole in forward position. Maybe a similar clamp which can be used for lights a.o.

Would this location be a good one? Any advice (or photos) is appreciated.

Also if you are going to use existing horn wiring, I believe some people have mentioned that you could easily blow a fuse cause that circuit can't handle a lot of load so I would make sure you do the research. I just replaced mine with a fiamm horn which was basically plug and play. It was also super cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for both replies. Maybe I mount the 2nd horn inside the right fake air intake, good space for it and probably no need to extend the power line. Better protected from the elements too.
I asked my dealer on first install to use a 15A relay (I have a beautiful black and salt water spray resistant two-tone Hella's which draw over 9 amps), so that should be fine.

Back