• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Moto skivvies

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to try a pair.
They are padded mesh shorts similar to bicycle shorts but with different padding patterns.
They do help with bony butt and monkey butt syndrome, but they are not a magic cure.
If you are comfortable riding 100 miles, they might take you out to 200.

When walking they feel like you have pooped in your pants, but you don't buy them to walk around in.

Talked to a cruiser rider about the gear he wore which he was full gear with knee guards under the Kevlar jeans, armored leather jacket, etc. Said he also used padded shorts and after having them on all day his wife said they made him walk like he had pooped in his pants.

If i'm going on a longer ride I put padded bicycle shorts under my motorcycle pants. I have the original seat. I find that it takes the top off the discomfort. Longest ride is just over 400km in a day.

Last edited:
I have a pair, didn't help enough so I got an after market seat. I agree on the pooped pants feel.

I also got a Sargent seat. The two together made 210 miles (330 km or so) possible today.
The Airhawk R cruiser actually works better than either, but I don't like the way it looks.

Tesday I rode 531 miles wearing a pair of boxer Hanes under a pair of Bermuda shorts under a pair of riding overpants on the OEM seat. I was getting a bit of Monkey Butt by the end. I intend on getting some long legged boxers to wear for riding. I just want some underwear that the seam on the legs is beyond the sides of the seat. That seam feels like it's an inch thick by the end of the ride. Did 194 miles today over the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway to break it in right. That's now done. Tomorrow, put on new windshield and center stand. And I don't necessarily need underwear to do that.

I found some JKY brand boxer briefs that have the seam going up more to the side of the leg instead of going right up the middle of the butt cheek. That makes a big difference. Think I got them at Kohls.

These are the best I have found for all day comfort, especially in hot weather.

Men's Shorts - LDComfort - Tri Monte Group Inc DBA LDComfort

The best gear is expensive. I've looked but have been unable to find another pair of shorts that have the seam in the same place with a kangaroo pouch opening. I have one each of the shorts, tights, short sleeve and long sleeve shirts. Jockey makes shorts with the H opening and they work OK for short rides but nothing beats the LD Comfort gear.

I just finished a 16 day ride where I averaged 425 per day. Seat concepts low cover. Exofficio drawers. I just get off the bike from time to time. Discomfort
..yes...but not always. Had more trouble with muscles in my back getting knotted up. Same in my cage.

I bought of a pair of the Moto-skivees for a 12 day 4000 mile ride I did early this month. Overall i think they work as described. Several days ran 9-12 hours and 400-600 miles. No chafing, no monkey butt, not excessively sore afterward. This was in relatively hot weather across NM, AZ and CA. I also had a Seats Concepts seat.

I also had a pair of LD comfort pants that I wore, some times in combo with the M-S, sometimes alone. The M-S definitely added more comfort.

The downside? Getting my mind around paying $60 for a pair of underwear. But as kpinvt noted quality gear is expensive. These are well made and work as advertised.

I have been using a pair and they do help despite there poor design. I wear a pair of regular riding shorts over the MS. This keeps the MS in place and also makes walking around off the bike more pleasant. I have shared my opinion with them. I see the ones for women are more to the design I recommended.

Back