• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Moto gp 2017

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have to run down to Austin.

Impressive start by Farco, moto 2 champ moving up.

Yes, it is looking like it will be an interesting season. Looking forward to it.

Maverick Vinales pretty much dominated so Marquez clearly has serious competition. Vinales only made one mistake (running wide in a turn) during the race but he quickly recovered and won going away. I had hoped that Andrea Iannone would have stayed upright on his Suzuki mainly because I love to see more competition between brands, and not one brand winning all the time. If Iannone would have stayed upright, we might have seen 4 different brands in the top 4 at the finish!

The Honda is still not working though. Marquez had major issues with it last year and rode around them. It must be even worse this year because even with his genius he was too far down the field.

The track conditions were weird because of the rain that occurred previously. And why they fitted a Medium front tire to Marc's bike is somewhat of a mystery since he normally prefers a Hard front.

I'll be on turn 15. My son and I rode up to C.O.T.A. yesterday to watch MotoAmerica doing some Dunlop tire testing. It was free and there is hardly anyone there. Rode our bikes right up to the pit garages.

Last edited:
I bought general admission tickets. I figure since we can only go one day, we might as well walk around, see the vendor sights, and check out all the different spots.

Probably getting (3-day) GA tickets too, going watch with parents and one of their friends, barring unforseen circumstances.

I'll be in Austin COTA, all three days, if anybody wants to meet up? I'm thinkin "Biergarden" before noon?

Hope they get more visitors than at Indy the past few years. Indy lost it due to not enough people were going to watch the races, and they weren't even covering the cost of insurance. I never went; I don't like the area the speedway is located, always too hot/humid when it occurred (stopped going to the Brickyard 400 for the same reason) and there prices for water, sodas were $$$$$

Planning on being there Sunday.
I don't fret about concessions costs at baseball games, etc.
I mainly just get water and rarely eat anything, but if I do get hungry I just think of it as part of the package with the tickets and the parking.
Thinking of items individually at such events can make you crazy. Like flying.

Well, it was fun. Parking and getting there was more time consuming than I expected, so I missed some stuff, but we were there in time for all the races.
After walking about a bit we settled on the hill next to turn one, about the highest point.
I was a little surprised by how little of the track we could see from any one spot.
The crowd was well behaved and mostly pro 46, with a smattering of 93 fans.
Lots to see at the manufacturer displays.

Last edited:
It certainly seemed crowded. I looked for an attendance number and didn't see one.
A lot of the reserved seats seemed to be,empty until,the main race.
Certainly where ai was sitting on the grass at turn one was full.

The stands near turn 1 seemed full for the GP, for the rest of the races and practices it was maybe 1/3 full. I imagine the grandstands were pretty packed.

I found a pretty nice spot behind the crown royal tent that stayed pretty sparse and had a decent view of the last two turns. About 80yds to the right it was packed with GAs and some who had got the expensive tickets.

I have some more photos and some video from day 2/3, but my high speed data is limited so it may take a while, and no pod for the camera so the footage is mediocre at best.

Edit: here are the videos (all slow-mo except one), photos will be added to the album linked previously in a minute.

Last edited:
I guess to watch this live in the USA you have to buy an internet package.
But whole race you tube posts seem to appear quickly.

Back