• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

More from New York State

When I decided to go with the NC700X. I was also looking at the BMW F800ST, but decided to go with the Honda for price and due to reviews of the BMW gear box, read a few complaints of false neutral between 5th and 6th. Yikes!

When I decided to go with the NC700X. I was also looking at the BMW F800ST, but decided to go with the Honda for price and due to reviews of the BMW gear box, read a few complaints of false neutral between 5th and 6th. Yikes!

The nice lady sitting on my bike was on an F650 that has stranded her twice in less than a year. Thus her interest in the Honda.

I am looking for a new ride in the next year and the BMW F800ST and the NC700X are both on my short list. Price is certainly a factor and I'm pleased to hear positive things about the Honda. Will keep my eyes on this site for more info. Would love to have a test ride on the Honda, hopefully come spring at one of the rallys in our area.

I am looking for a new ride in the next year and the BMW F800ST and the NC700X are both on my short list. Price is certainly a factor and I'm pleased to hear positive things about the Honda. Will keep my eyes on this site for more info. Would love to have a test ride on the Honda, hopefully come spring at one of the rallys in our area.

Hi throttlegirl,

Welcome to the forum.

It is a fairer comparison if you do the F700GS and the NC700X.
The F800ST or GS is more bike for more money.
The F700GS is only slightly above at 20% while the 800 are 35% more expensive.

If money is no problem (like initial costs and running costs), I give the BMW my vote.
Of course, I still love my NCX, coz it is so economical (plus the BMW shopkeepers here are so damm arrogant).
:D
~Joe

This is kind of bass-ackwards, but here is a pic that my wife caught of me leaving the shop for the trip to New York. The riding suit is a BMW ComfortShell. Very comfy with a short sleeved T-shirt underneath from about 62F to 90F. I have never had a suit with so wide a comfortable range as this one. It wasn't a planned photo, but in the background, you can see evidence of one of my other hobby interests - military vehicles.

new york.jpg

Last edited:
Now we all know why your garage is sooooo big!

Well, it won't fit. You didn't see the other two garages (one for trucks and one for tractors). They aren't as nice as the bike garage.

Diesel burner huh! I kinda like that stuff too!

It is actually a multi-fuel engine. It will run on used motor oil, hydraulic oil, automatic transmission fluid, french fry oil, diesel, or low grade gasoline. I filter all of my old motor oil and pour it in the fuel tank. I add diesel when I don't have enough waste oils. It gets a special treat when I change the hydraulic oil in the tractors. It loves that stuff.

Last edited:
Gotta love those Harley guys. Riding around with their Showa suspension and Nissin brakes. Not to mention the electronic components that are made over seas. I don't know about you but an American sold me my Honda. In an American shop using American money. I have been riding for years and I can not remember EVER passing a Honda broken down on the side of the road, not to say it couldn't happen. On the other hand, I have seen countless Harley's stranded, riders sitting under a tree. The famous quote from a tee shirt comes to mind, "If Harley made a plane, would you fly in it?" Before I get yelled at I am not hating, my best friend rides one and it is pretty nice. I just don't like people hating on Honda. Sorry for the outburst, that first pick pissed me off a little.

The nice lady sitting on my bike was on an F650 that has stranded her twice in less than a year. Thus her interest in the Honda

My BMW broke down on me 3 states away from home. In a dry county no less! BMW warranty took care of the cost to transport it home, motel and repairs. Still, it ruined our vacation.

My BMW broke down on me 3 states away from home. In a dry county no less! BMW warranty took care of the cost to transport it home, motel and repairs. Still, it ruined our vacation.

They should have brought you a twelve pack also!

Hey, that's a duce and a half! Camo pattern from the 90's, new exhaust and hard topped, did you get the cover or just the rails showing?

The rails are not on it in this pic, just the troop carrier seats. The rails are stored but I have no cover. The top is a simple ragtop. The muffler and flapper is non-military but I got tired of listening to it bellow. It is a 1970 M35A2 Kaiser multi-fuel D turbo. I bought it from a guy in Maryland and drove her home. She is a great runner. I named her "Clinger" because she wanted to get out of the Army. My plan is to make a dumper out of it because my property is very hilly and I am always getting my GMC dump truck stuck at the bottom of a hill somewhere and having to walk back to get the tractor. This one is 6x6 and can pull a stump without even wiggling the tachometer.

Back