• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Monkey Butt

OldJeff

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure this post will get deleted by the mods :D

Guys, how do deal with Monkey Butt? Esp. us guys in the south, it's hot out, you're sitting on a heat source and heat rises. It's gonna happen and you know it. And to make it worse the NCX seems to love pushing you and the boys into the frunk, which makes it worse.

I decided to man up and confront this evil, rather than ignore it and do the silent strong type and suffer thru it. I just bought some Starters Dri-star boxers and some Gold Bond, I will DEFEAT this evil! :)

So how do you deal with the dreaded Monkey Butt?

Disclaimer! Read at your own risk! Funniest Monkey Butt thread ever! NOT Family Safe!

Nut powder and Gold Bond - NASIOC

Used to have the problem, butttt no more. I don't have an NC yet but had the same problem on my Tmax. I got an AirHawk seat cover to solve the comfort problem and monkey butt went away also.

I actually like the cycle gear underwear. It's moisture wicking so you stay dry even in high heat. I haven't tried LD comfort yet, but would like to try them sometime. They are just expensive so for now the cycle gear is my best answer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Microfiber Jockey underwear. The style I prefer has minimal seams and a flat hem on the leg openings. If on a multiday trip I use plain old Johnson's baby powder on my backside as a preemptive measure.

+1 for Cycle Gear's HeatOut shorts, or any other synthetic, moisture wicking compression shorts or bicycle shorts. The main rule is: no cotton panties allowed on the bike. Also, be mindful of the placement of bulky seams on the undergarment. Long legged shorts usually keep seams further away from the seat to buttock contact points.

As an added bonus, padded bicycle shorts make for an inexpensive way to cope with the stock seat.

Greg

Last edited:
Pretty sure this post will get deleted by the mods :D

Guys, how do deal with Monkey Butt? Esp. us guys in the south, it's hot out, you're sitting on a heat source and heat rises. It's gonna happen and you know it. And to make it worse the NCX seems to love pushing you and the boys into the frunk, which makes it worse.

I decided to man up and confront this evil, rather than ignore it and do the silent strong type and suffer thru it. I just bought some Starters Dri-star boxers and some Gold Bond, I will DEFEAT this evil! :)

So how do you deal with the dreaded Monkey Butt?

Disclaimer! Read at your own risk! Funniest Monkey Butt thread ever! NOT Family Safe!

Nut powder and Gold Bond - NASIOC

Love the post Jeff. Ironically, I was complaining about my chaffed butt at work today. I will be wearing cycling shorts for long rides from now on.

I use bcg brand compression shorts from Academy sports. Think that is their house brand. Seem to be as good as the Under Armor brand. If I'm just out riding I wear basketball shorts under my mesh riding pants. Gold Bond is good stuff. I use it and the Gold Bond foot powder year round in shoes.

In all my years of riding I have never gotten monkey butt. I guess it is because my butt is so wide and consumes such mass volumes of air as I often scare myself and suck the covers off my seat. Did just recover my seat.5.jpg

SmileyBubble.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
When I worked for a living I used to manufacture all the major brands of body powders. But I used (and still use) one we didn't make - Bismoline. It is made in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and is one of the unknown products that should be nationally famous. (Another is Cumarindine from Altoona, Alabama)

Bismoline Medicated Powder

I can't find it locally, so I buy it from the factory by the case. A case lasts my wife and I a couple of years. My wife was a hospice nurse and she said this product had a cult following among palliative care nurses for preventing decubitus ulcers in bedridden patients.

I have found the best shorts to be made by LD Rider. Now, if you want the REALLY hard core prevention measure, it is called Bag Balm...

Bag Balm

It was developed to put on cow udders so they would not be abraded by automatic milking machines. It is truly horrible greasy stuff, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get monkey butt while wearing it. You may have to throw the shorts away afterwards. It is not for casual rides or poseurs on their way to Starbucks, but if you are half the way across the country and have to be home tomorrow, it helps.

Lee

Meanwhile, on the Planet of the Apes, there is a lively discussion among the apes of how to avoid getting "people butt".

I have a beadrider on my Triumph, I find the beads allow good airflow which reduces sweating and irritation. You can also slide back and forth on it and get a mini-massage when you start to feel a hot spot flaring up.

OMG!! Go to the link and read the first customer review lolololololol

What's just as funny is that 57 of 65 people found that review to be "helpful" :D.

Greg

Get the "original":

original_store__98251.1299706403.1280.1280.png

LOL DeDub!!! Nice find :D

The Starters Dri-star compression boxers combined with Gold Bond Green is AWESOME! :) The ride to work was much more pleasant, even in the heat on the way home. Can't wait to try a longer ride this weekend! :D

Back