• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MIL Question

Mine must be broken. Never came on once when any of my in laws have come around. Seriously though, what is a MIL?

My understanding for my 2013 model is that the MIL will turn on if an error occurs during operation, and then when you shut the bike off it will blink a specific sequence of codes.

Most common issue is low battery.

(not gonna give anyone who dosen't know the pleasure of explaining what MIL is :).)

Mine must be broken. Never came on once when any of my in laws have come around. Seriously though, what is a MIL?
Malfunction Indicator Lamp, which is the dashboard lamp that illuminates as a check engine lamp.
The MIL will flash out fault codes if properly prompted to.

Malfunction Indicator Lamp, which is the dashboard lamp that illuminates as a check engine lamp.
The MIL will flash out fault codes if properly prompted to.
I read in another post that you need to put the side stand down to start the blinking sequence. There is another thread running at the moment on the same subject.

I read in another post that you need to put the side stand down to start the blinking sequence. There is another thread running at the moment on the same subject.
Correct. Leave engine running, put transmission in neutral, then lower the side stand. MIL then fashes the error code.

Edit to add: I understand this feature has gone away on later NC model years.

Last edited:
Back