• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mid Atlantic BDR.

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Read that a back country discovery route is being released in January. Wonder if it is mostly.the TET route? Also wonder how hard it would be on the NC

A lot of dirt roads here in the northern Shenandoah Valley with most, easy to do with a NC. Maybe excepting after a heavy rain or a snow with melt and mud. Now the ATV and dirt bike trails are a different story.

All the legal dirt roads through the Smokey's have been easy enough too. I saw a guy once two up on a 1800 Wing deep in the woods on Parsons Branch Road, which I understand is closed now.

Resurrecting this thread.

Has anyone done this MABDR ? Is anyone seriously interested in doing it the spring/summer of 2019 ?

thanks!

This sounds interesting to me. I’ll read up on it and let you know if I’m game.

Thinking about riding it next year. I will fully retire at the end of May and have the time if I can stay healthy. If not that, maybe the Smoky Mountain 500.

If we do the route in 2019, what is the proposed lodging and meal scenerio? Camping at a new spot each night? Meals in restaurants or pack/cook our own?

Anybody done the MABDR? I'm thinking about it

Anybody done this route yet? Thinking about doing it next year. I worry about the weight of the NC and the aluminum wheels. Otherwise, I think she is good for the trip. What are your thoughts?

I have the Cogent suspension front and back. Thinking about soft bags rather than my GIVI panniers.

I have the DCT version.

Merging this thread with your old one, dubb, but yes, I’m interested. I don’t know the quality of the roads/trails.

If we were camping and moving every night, I’ll take my NC for the carrying capacity. If we were staying at a central location, I’ll take my dual sport.

The route is over a thousand miles, so one would be moving each night. I'm old, and prefer motels, but I assume I'd have to do some comping. Also thought about breaking it into two trips. From the ride reports I've seen, 7-9 days seems right. Then theres travel time to start and back home from finish. I figure a day on each end.

I sold my DR when I got the NC, but I've been thinking about getting a royal enfield Himalayan. That will have to wait a year.

I wonder what would be the best time of year. Fall is nice, but always the threat of hurricanes.

Back