• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Michelin Anakee Adventure Tires

Sasmaster

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had experience with Michelin's Anakee Adventure tires? I'm curious how they compare to Shinko's 705 in wet / gravel / noise.

I have used them on a CB500X recently and found them to be excellent tyres. Noise didn't strike me as a feature but as I ride mostly on rough roads my focus would be more on grip wet and dry. In that aspect they are excellent. I have not used Shinkos for various reasons.

I had them on my VFR. I did not like them one bit. They were noisy, squared off in the rear and cupped in the front prematurely. However, most seem to really enjoy them. Maybe it's my riding style, which is tame by just about all measures.

Killboy (Deal's Gap photographer) posted a video of a guy rolling through the gap on a BMW GS1200 seriously nearly dragging his panniers. I was genuinely impressed, commented asking what tires he was running, the guy riding the bike in the vid chimed in and said it was the Anakee Adventure tires and that they were the best tires he's ever ran for the kind of riding he does. Which I assume consisted of carving up curves and maybe some light forest service road riding. He was killing it through the curves on those tires though!

Back