• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mercedes EV POC: 747 Miles Single Charge

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That’s good news. Thanks for sharing.

I didn’t do a deep analysis, but besides the Mercedes car having a large battery, it’s efficiency seems to be the key to it’s range. It seems some EV’s today, such as perhaps a Rivian truck, are not overall practical designs/platforms for using the battery power efficiently, thus limiting their range.

That’s good news. Thanks for sharing.

I didn’t do a deep analysis, but besides the Mercedes car having a large battery, it’s efficiency seems to be the key to it’s range. It seems some EV’s today, such as perhaps a Rivian truck, are not overall practical designs/platforms for using the battery power efficiently, thus limiting their range.
I drew the same conclusion. The drag coefficient of the vehicle and the capacity of the battery were significant to achieving the range. So, to achieve the same in the Rivian without changing Cd, you would have to have more (maybe much more) than 100Kwh available in the form factor of the current battery. It will get there but who knows when?

I drew the same conclusion. The drag coefficient of the vehicle and the capacity of the battery were significant to achieving the range. So, to achieve the same in the Rivian without changing Cd, you would have to have more (maybe much more) than 100Kwh available in the form factor of the current battery. It will get there but who knows when?
Agree.

People can argue about the pros and cons of energy sources and types used for transportation, but simply using less energy altogether seems most important to me. Making vehicles more efficient, as seen in this Mercedes example, should be a universal goal.

Back