• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Measurements for FZ1111 rack - big favor to ask anyone that has one

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have access to a friends metal working shop over the holidays and would like to build a plate to mount the the FZ1111 brackets.

fz1111.jpg

If you have a top case setup using the FZ1111 brackets can you do a few measurements for me? I will use the measurements for everything except the final bracket mounting holes, so +- 1/2 inch / 1cm would be fine for now.

Thank you in advance if anyone can do this.

I can take the measurements for you after work today, but to better understand the measurements, what are you trying to accomplish? What are you building?

EDIT: I just saw your other post, if I'm understanding it correctly, I don't see why you need measurements. Just mount up the FZ1111 and then place the metal piece you want on the brackets and pencil in where the FZ1111 holes are? that way the holes are measured and done as they are on your bike. Unless Im not understanding your build

Last edited:
I did it exactly as TGorman suggested.
Works perfectly every time with no chance to make a measuring mistake.
Always use the K.I.S.S principal for ANYTHING you do. It makes life so much easier.
(Keep It Simple Stupid)
I learned this when I was much younger and it has saved me countless hours/days/weeks of frustration.
:eek:

I don't see why you need measurements

I have access to a metal working shop over the holiday's. My friend said he will help me cut and even do some CNC designs maybe. My bike is away for the winter and I haven't ordered the FZ1111 yet - so I wanted to take advantage of this.

Absolutely agree with you - if I had the bike with the fz1111 mounted, this would be easy. I am just looking for a winter project while the bike is away so that I will be ready to go in the spring.

Ahhhhh ok. I'd be happy to still do it, but now that I understand what you want.... I can't do it tonight. I'll attempt it tomorrow because I think I will have to remove the plate to get most accurate measurements.

Here are the measurements Let me know if you have any questions. You'll notice I took some measurements to the side cases for max width of plate dimensions and to the seat as well.

Well, this morning I got a response to my questions about this plate from Givi and they have a new product...

Motorbike accessories EX2M - GIVI

... exactly what I was planning on making. They have also added holes so that it mounts to the M5/7 plates - which is a nice option. I just emailed Motostorm for availability and pricing. I see it on a few "no-name" sites for upwards of $80 USD... we'll see.

*Edit: Motostorm replied and said they will have it added to their catalog in the next day or two

Last edited:
damn all that work for nothin' ;-) Just kidding. That's a great piece although I was hopeful to see your finished product when I opened the thread.

Had the same Problem, didn´t want the plates, which GIVI is offering. Created one by my own.
P1010340.JPG

damn all that work for nothin' ;-) Just kidding. That's a great piece although I was hopeful to see your finished product when I opened the thread.

I still might make it - especially if it is too expensive. Regardless, I will draw out your measurements and reply to the thread in case anyone is looking for (and searched for) them later. Busy time of year - I'll get to it sometime :)

It depends. Over the last couple of months (been rather slow winter for me) I would have loved more projects like this. Simple enough a tard like myself could make something fairly decent. The other reason to do it myself is to make it exactly how I want. If I were to have a plate like this on mine, I would want to make some kind of quick release system so I can pop it on and off without to much issue. The piece itself is not something I would want on the bike when not in use. Now, what ever I came up with would not be as polished as that one, but who cares. It would be covered up when in use and not on the bike when not. :)

Back