• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Man I miss not having a tank bag

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Particularly the map case,

dUoc63Gh.jpg

but although the frunk is nice, a tank bag in your lap is really handy.

why oh why did Honda have to change the frunk ribs on the 2021? Change for the sake of change

dUoc63Gh.jpg

why oh why did Honda have to change the frunk ribs on the 2021? Change for the sake of change
Yes, it seemed like a step backwards for Honda on the 2021 frunk lid design. Maybe it’s like seat design, too, where style and looks are more important (to Honda) than function.

dUoc63Gh.jpg

Honestly I think the accessory rails on the FRUNK were a genius design element.

I've found them useful for all sorts of things, even in my short errand rides, when I am not strapping any I simply hook my ear piece for my glasses through them while I put on my helmet.

The rails just come in handy and are far more useful than one would gather at first glance.

I ocasionally use a football wristband that is meant for quarterbacks to read plays on the field. I can write down directions and look at them as easily as looking at a wristwatch (remember those?). I don't use it much, but this picture reminded me of it.

dUoc63Gh.jpg

The ribs from a 2020 or 2019 should fit exactly. List price is $105. Add that to a Givi EA116 tank bag at $91 is expensive. Why can't they leave well enough alone?

The ribs from a 2020 or 2019 should fit exactly. List price is $105. Add that to a Givi EA116 tank bag at $91 is expensive. Why can't they leave well enough alone?
“Should fit”, but have you or anyone else tried it to confirm?

Honestly I think the accessory rails on the FRUNK were a genius design element.

I've found them useful for all sorts of things, even in my short errand rides, when I am not strapping any I simply hook my ear piece for my glasses through them while I put on my helmet.

The rails just come in handy and are far more useful than one would gather at first glance.
The op has a new model, 2021. The lid is not made like yours anymore.

I only missed having a map case as the frunk is way more practical than a tank bag (for me) so I made a neoprene base that a map case attaches to. There’s some threads on tank bags on early models that did not have the slotted frunk lids. They may not have survived the server upgrade.

Thanks for looking. I searched past threads and saw where you posted 6 years ago about it and that the thread was gone then.

Make your own -- pack of black plastic kayak loops and and a handful of stainless screws--its my bike and if I want to drill some holes to make it more useful to me --I will.

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_161034632.jpg
    IMG_20210914_161034632.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210918_175149858.jpg
    IMG_20210918_175149858.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20210914_161039965.jpg
    IMG_20210914_161039965.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
Back